x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

well , i dug and i dug, and i found it !

dave
dave Page Icon Posted 2005-08-20 10:23 AM
#
I found a working remote controll program for my nec.
Its called palmremote (ce version) version 2.2.
It even has a HPC version, its very simple, but it runs.
However I havent been able to get it to actually turn stuff on or off.
In learning mode it reconizes the remote frequency but then doesnt
seem to be able to beam it back out, it says it does but it wont work devices.
Any suggestions ? It has a shareware version on the net, but the one at the
main site is the newest version.
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-20 12:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Try pointing the infrared port within a few inches of the port on the device you wish to remote control. I'll bet it works then. You only get a few inches of distance with Handheld built in infrared ports.

---Bruised
 Top of the page
zyth Page Icon Posted 2005-08-20 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

That's really weird. I can control all my stuff from across a large room with my Palm Tungsten T and similar software.

I guess maybe it's just a hardware thing.
 Top of the page
dave
dave Page Icon Posted 2005-08-20 9:00 PM
#
Well i did get it to turn on / play / fforward a JVC vcr with the builtin codes, but i havent got any learned codes to work.

I did have to hold it really close (6inches or so) , is there any way to boost the power on the IR port, IRDA is supposed to work at further distances. ????????
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-08-21 7:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Unfortunately, the older Mobilepro's range was limited to a few inches. There is no way to tweak the native software to increase that range either. I imagine it might be possible to use one of those addon extenders to compensate, like one of the CF card IR devices, or maybe even the speaker type found here: http://www.griffintechnology.com/griffinmobile/totalremote/skins.html#

Luckily when the 900 series came out, NEC revised their hardware and I'm good for about 15 feet or so...

But maybe not either....Rich
 Top of the page
dave
dave Page Icon Posted 2005-08-21 9:57 AM
#
Oh well, I guess that is why there is no good mips HPC remote control software ;-)

No real matter. Just something to impress the relatives when i 'work' on a excel sheet and their TV goes nutz ;-)

BTW does anyone know of a really GOOD short video clip that would look good on a 790. Something that would play on TCPMP and under 1MB, for a demo ?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9