x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My free explorer clone

1 2
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-21 9:55 PM
#
I gave up on trying to get the recycle bin working, but here is a link to my file explorer for anyone who is interested.

http://fluffy.4ss.net/?sectionid=4

Its to remain free always, its not going to compete with the likes of TC, but hey I like it and so someone else might too.

Please take the time to read the info cause its still a lot unfinished, but Its good enough to be usable for now. I hope those who try it, and like it, let me know.

Anyway, have fun and enjoy!

Dexxta.

Edited by Dexxta 2005-08-21 9:59 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-21 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nice stuff!

touch screen is no issue. i tested it on a jornada 72x and a sigmarion 3, works on both but i keep getting debugging error messages on the sig3. it's almost like an unregistered shareware

keep up the good work!

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-21 10:41 PM
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 12:01 AM
#
HAHA sorry about the messages, good to hear touchscreen works appriciate that.

Post the error and Ill see if I can fix it for ya.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 12:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok
this message shows up at startup (and later):
title: An 3 error occured. (??? interesting english)
Genieric, Line=2700, File:C/Documents and Settings/Warwick/My Documents/Visual Studio Projects/HPC Explorer/Explorer.cpp

there's another error sometimes: Failed to find proc address in cplmain.cpl

but don't forget this happens only on ce.net, ce.net 4.1 and japanese OS if that matters - cplmain.cpl error might be because of this

hpc2000 (jornada 720) seems fine except for a (well-known?) bug (alt+click doesn't bring up a menu only the File/Exit option ).

i hope it helped!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 1:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey! That's pretty slick for only 41Kb of code. Keep up the good work.
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 1:17 AM
#
Ok thanks for that error code, Ill look at that more, its prolly something trying to open a registry key that doesnt exist or something.

So from that I understand you cant get the context menus? Ill look at that too. Its not much chop without the menus. hehe Tap and Hold here I come

The reason there is a clpmain error is that in 2.11 it seems that cplmain doesnt work like 3 and after. So what I did was search for all the files .cpl and asked them for their interfaces. That way it will show all the control panel apps that are available. But the icons dont display right, but heh who cares if you can get a list of every applet available. In later versions things were done a little different and might cause the app a headache.

Eventualy Ill remove the error messages, or rather fix all the errors.

Im going to do a different app for a few days, kinda sick of this one, but I do have plans to get the rest of it working with send to, properties, and the menu on the treeview working. I just need a break from it after all teh chasing around I did with trying to use the recycle bin.

If anyone wants a real process viewer, thats coming next. And I dont mean a task switcher.
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 5:44 AM
#
I decided that you will get that error on load if you do not have a \windows\desktop folder, or possibly if there is nothing in said folder.

It might pay me to look for that folder, and if not found then do something else. Would be cool to load something like the "Today" page on a pocket PC.

I admit my argh whats it called, location awareness or locale stuff, bah what ever... you know, language stuff will never get done. Knowing only one language I tend to forget to do the language stuff right. Maybe if you want to help add some language support later on I would be keen to do that, assuming I get it to a point that is worth the time it would take. Not yet though..

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 10:17 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

context menus.. hm do i need to use tap and hold? i tried only alt+tap.

you're right, on the sigmarion the desktop folder is named something else (as it's in japanese).

process viewer.. that's nice stuff! i always liked this kind of app
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 6:50 AM
#
Put an update up with some new features. Same link as above.

Hmm forgot about the tap and hold thing till I came back... That should be next.
Am I right in assuming that people without mice get no context menu?
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 9:00 PM
#
I posted a download of the Process Viewer, it was boring to port over and has limited usability so I dont expect to be going back and working on it any more. Enjoy it as it is though if you like that sort of thing.

Cheers.

PS. its on my web site... The link that is..... Same as above.....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 9:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Dexxta - 2005-08-23 12:50 PM

Put an update up with some new features. Same link as above.

Hmm forgot about the tap and hold thing till I came back... That should be next.
Am I right in assuming that people without mice get no context menu?

yes i don't get the menu. i'll look at the update and the process viewer as well
why was it so boring to port it? it could be really useful.

edit: wow i just looked at the screenshot of the process viewer.

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-23 9:22 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 9:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow this process viewer is *very* nice!! i've never seen a process viewer for hpc's like this. you really have me pleased! your efforts have been worth it (developing it further would as well)
a question: the thread part within every running process doesn't open like the heaps part. does it look just like it should open (as in a tree view)? it just looks funny.
the about windows is not for hvga devices

both apps run on jornada 72x and sigmarion 3. (i can test it on ce.net 4.2 too, soon)
they still give errors on the sigmarion but otherwise everything looks ok. umm i tried processviewer again and it didn't give any errors now.
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 10:31 PM
#
Yeh the threads part was supposed to expand with info on threads but there was some security thing stopping that. Something about one process not accessing another processes threads. I cant totaly remember now as it was a long time ago when I wrote that. It was boring cause it was mostly done, and has limited usability. I tend to like things that are more usable, like Dexxplorer is cause Ill use it all the time and as I want a feature Ill add it. The IRC client will be fun cause Ill use that a lot too, just gotta revert it from PPC2003 back about 4 OS's HAHAHA it worked better on the older PPC anyway, so it should work awesome back even further.

Also, Ill have a look into the message that is sent with a tap and hold, I forget what it is right now, but Ill get the menu working for you in Dexxplorer.

Im glad you like it, Im going to port over my IRC client next cause I couldnt find enough info yet to start messing with drivers. If anyone has the mouse driver source, please send it to me I wants me scroll wheel.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wooow irc client??? i'll be all for it! i use irc for a hungarian webchat, and IM (msn, icq, yahoo).. so about everything.

i take it you already wrote one for ppc's...? what's its name? i'd like to check it out just to see the features. i don't have a ppc to try it on, but i'd like to see an information page or something.
if it can't do logging messages automatically, can you add this feature please?
i use ircce at the moment but it has some annoying little bugs but it knows autologging and i don't know of any other irc client for hpc's except my nice java irc client (i didn't write it, just introduced it to others ). has fewer bugs, more features, but i prefer not using a java vm.

i'm looking forward to the new versions of dexxplorer too of course

oh and thank you for working on these projects, it's very good to have an active hpc developer like you!

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-23 10:48 PM
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-24 12:16 AM
#

I uploaded a new Dexxplorer version with Alt-Tap that works so you can get the menus working.

Ahh its nice to see someone excited about it, I never released the IRC client so there are no info pages to look at, but it was working enough on my Ipaq 3870 for the input methods on that thing to drive me nuts. Now I have a keyboard and a bigger screen I should be able to get it working and have more fun with it.
I got the code out today, but there is a lot of it. I dont want to do a dodgy quick port like I did with the process viewer, I would like to take the time to design a decent interface for it an everything.

Automatic logging is trivial, consider it done already. LOL.

Oh and I called it Splatter. Strange name I know but how many IRC clients have IRC in the name. So I went for something different.

Glad your enjoying the results of my tinkering.

PS: Still looking for generic USB mouse source code if you have the DDK... Oh and its also included with that first CE toolkit thing too. Imagine a programable 4 button mouse with scroller.... drools. LOL
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 29