x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CF Storage Name Keep Changing

anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 12:34 AM
#
Hi,

I've followed the instruction carefully from CESD on how to change the Storage Card name and prevent it from changing. But it seems when I'm inserting the card, the card name back again and again to default one. Anyone can help me on this?

Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 4:24 AM
#
Nobody can give enlightment on this? or the answer was so obvious?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-06 11:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Chances are that you went wrong somewhere.
What are you trying to change the name too?
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 4:20 AM
#
Yes, indeed. One thing that I'm still not quite clear is, do we have todo all the steps from a brand new/empty CF card? FYI I've installed some application on my CF previously.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 11:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you don't links on the start menu will no longer work without a reinstall or manual action.
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 3:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

This is a tad off-topic, and has likely been discussed before, but is peripherally related: Is there any means by which the battery warning message on CF and PCMCIA cards can be suppressed during startup? Some entries in the forum states negative, I was wondering if that remains so?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 5:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Zapper - 2005-09-07 9:02 PM

This is a tad off-topic, and has likely been discussed before, but is peripherally related: Is there any means by which the battery warning message on CF and PCMCIA cards can be suppressed during startup? Some entries in the forum states negative, I was wondering if that remains so?

hm not all of my devices will ask that warning message. jornadas do it only for the pcmcia slot, NEC 900 for both slots, and sig3 for neither if someone would like to look at registry entries or whatever i can help.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 1:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's a small freeware app out there called "Yes" that is supposed to automatically answer "yes" to the question whether the user wants to continue on battery power. I just can't remember which site I saw it on. (I don't use it because that message doesn't really bother me.)

On the topic of the CF card name change, I wonder if anakin is putting the card(s) in before or after powering on the H/PC. I had a similar problem with my Jornada 680e and my Clio 1050, but if an already-identified CF card is in the CF slot before the last power-off, it has always retained its name if I wait until after powering the unit back on to install another card in the PCMCIA slot.

Don't know if that situation applies in anakin's case.
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 2:00 AM
#
CE Geek - 2005-09-08 12:07 PM

On the topic of the CF card name change, I wonder if anakin is putting the card(s) in before or after powering on the H/PC. I had a similar problem with my Jornada 680e and my Clio 1050, but if an already-identified CF card is in the CF slot before the last power-off, it has always retained its name if I wait until after powering the unit back on to install another card in the PCMCIA slot.

Don't know if that situation applies in anakin's case.

Could be yes, after doing registry change I shutdown the Jornada remove the CF, power on, wait for arround 30 secs,... re-insert the CF card,... but it still come with old name. ... and my registry setting is changed to the old name. How long you have to wait before reinsert the card?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 3:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Good question. I haven't really timed it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 5:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek, don't you want to register at last?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 11:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A little off topic there, aren't you, cmonex? Well, all right, if you insist.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 2:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, sorry for that at least it was well worth it
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.217 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12