x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WiFi Card won't "light-up" on Jornada 620LX

hmann
hmann Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 4:03 PM
#
When I install my Orinoco Silver WiFi card on my Jornada 620LX, the lights never light up and I am unable to access the Internet. I think it may just be a problem with the PCMCIA slot, but I'd like some opinions from other users.

The Silver card works fine on my 680e (which runs CE Pro) and I also have a Gold card which works fine on the 660e but will NOT work on the 620LX (Which runs CE 2.0). BTW, the drivers for CE Pro work great, but they are not compatible with 2.0.

When I push the card into the 620LX's PCMCIA slot I get the usual message about using battery power and I answer "Yes." Then I get a messge that says "Unidentified PCCard Adapter" and it asks for the name of the driver for the "Network Card in Socket 1."

So far, so good. When I answer "WVLAN46.DLL" -- which is the right driver for these cards in CE 2.0 -- I get a message that says "WAVELAN: Install Driver PnpID" followed by the actual card ID (which changes depending on whether I use the Silver or the Gold card, so I know the computer "sees" the identification info on the card's chip).

But that's the end of it. No lights, no connection, no nothing, no matter what settings I use. I checked the registry and the WiFi card shows in the PCMCIA driver listings but it does not show in the Active drivers listings.

I'm about to assume that the PCMCIA slot just doesn't work since I have read many messages of people who have had success with this same card and same 620LX. Am I missing something? Can someone send me the regsitry entries for a "working" Orinoco Silver card on a Jornada620LX? Thanks for your help.

hmann@flash.net

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 8