x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bsquare backlight settings?

mflann Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 4:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Maybe I am just a little dense, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to adjust the brightness of the Bsquare display. I have tried the manual, help and don't know where else to look. The only thing I have found so far is the ability to set a timeout for when it will dim with no activity.
Thanks in advance,
Mark
 Top of the page
adamo
adamo Page Icon Posted 2005-08-24 2:32 PM
#
I know - I bought one last week - did the reg hacks to get rid of branding and get a desktop. Tons of software running (Warfare Inc looks great on that display)....but I think we are stuck with a single setting for the backlight....I looked in the registry at the backlight settings but they seem to just mirror control panel.

Saying that I don't use mine as a phone/gprs, just an organiser (love the keyboard, 128mb ram and 640x480 screen for 90 pound) so the battery life seems great. I read ebooks, use PIM's heavily and watch movies and it hasn't dropped below 'good' yet in a 24hr period.

Pls post if you do find an answer though....full backlight can be a little off putting when reading an ebook at night.
 Top of the page
mflann Page Icon Posted 2005-08-26 9:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have not found a way to adjust, but thanks for letting me know I wasn't missing something obvious. Will post any fix I can find.
Thanks
 Top of the page
tronic Page Icon Posted 2005-08-28 12:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

How long did your BPH could survive before there's a low power warning? Mine could survive let's say 2 days. But since I used 1gb 80x transcend sd card, the battery drain out faster.
 Top of the page
Demerzel
Demerzel Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 2:28 PM
#
hi there,

try this for the backlight:

in Registry at HKCU/Controlpanel/Backlight
set the Key BacklightOnTap to 0
after this reset the Maui.
The Result is that the Maui will dimm down after the given Timeout
and stay like that even if you tap the screen or push a button.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Hannes
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 9:59 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I think the backlight (as well as keyboard and volume) are controlled by a PIC microcontroller so those settings may be seperate from the OS. I'm not positive about that though.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 30