x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Restore masked file-how?

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-24 12:55 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hpc2k has a pimstore.dll in ROM?
I installed CEagenda which insisted on replacing pimstore.dll. So I let it.

Now, having decided to use MS pimtoday instead of Ceagenda I deleted the pimstore.dll placed by ceagenda. Now pimtoday tells me I have no poom object.

But I know, and you know I know , the original pimstore.dll was masked when I installed CEagenda. How do I unmask it, without hard resetting?

For that matter, how can I unmask other files that have been hidden by installing other apps?

If I figure this out I'll get my used ram down to 1400kb, perhaps under 1300kb. If I dump portrait or hack it to look elsewhere than windows for the bitmaps it uses, I should get under 1100Kb. Some registry tweaks should land me under the magic 1Mb.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-24 6:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes it has pimstore.dll in rom. and it should be back now that you deleted the ceagenda version there's some corruption somewhere.. (no, not rom corruption )
so it's as easy as that - i mean unmasking files. just delete the version in ram and the original one will be back.
(a soft reset could be needed sometimes)

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-24 6:31 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 10:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, I'm always the exception

After several softresets I still get the poom error message and no pimstore.dll has reappeared in ram Darn, what next? A hard reset restores it but my backup set without ceagenda is a very early one.

I guess I'll live with problem until my SL4 arrives and perhaps switch my 6651s to POS if I like it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

have you properly uninstalled CEAgenda?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11