x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Leo's Void won't run

gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 1:15 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi, when I install this program from www.leobueno.net it installs but gives an error message when I try to run it on a Jornada 680 (using sh3 version). I updated Olece211.dll and it still doesn't run (error message changed; says it's not a valid windows CE application). I tried downloading the version from Henri's site, but it's corrupted and won't install. Anyone have any tips on getting this to work?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 2:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I can't get it to install either. ActiveSync 3.8 just ignores it and opens the "Add/Remove Programs" window without any prompt to install. And it does the same thing on MIPS and ARM (the latter my X-Scale Pocket PC). What's up with that?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 8:48 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Count me in. The mips hpc version is corupt also. (from Henris site)
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 7:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, I just found that after updating Olece211.dll my Cisco Aironet 350 drivers don't work anymore. Gives the same "not a valid windows CE application" error as Leo's Void now. So I think that error is seperate from Leo's Void not working.
 Top of the page
Todd Page Icon Posted 2005-09-21 11:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I too have had troubles with the SH3 Version of Leo's Void. it installs fine, activiesync does it's thing, and it completes the install, however i get an application error when i click on the icon on my Jornada690.

I have sent Leo an email, hopefully he will reply with some ideas.

Will let you know what i find.

Todd.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 4:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Todd - 2005-09-21 8:53 AM

I too have had troubles with the SH3 Version of Leo's Void. it installs fine, activiesync does it's thing, and it completes the install, however i get an application error when i click on the icon on my Jornada690.

I envy you. You actually got it onto the device. I've never even gotten that far.
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 8:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ever hear back from Leo?

I got it on my j680, but never got it to run.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 5:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was able to actually install the Palm-size PC version on my Cassiopeia E-105, but then got the ever-popular illegal operation message. (Wonder if it's a problem with mfcce211.dll.) I suspect that Leo abandoned the project because there were too many bugs.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-11-29 11:31 AM

I was able to actually install the Palm-size PC version on my Cassiopeia E-105, but then got the ever-popular illegal operation message. (Wonder if it's a problem with mfcce211.dll.) I suspect that Leo abandoned the project because there were too many bugs.

you probably need aygshell.dll for the pspc version
mfcce211? if it calls that, then that too..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 4:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't know if it does or not, but that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the illegal operation message. It seems weird to me in any event that the CAB file, which included "palmsizepc" in the name, would fail to install the proper runtime files, without the user being informed of required additional files. (Guess I should get used to this, though.)

(BTW, I did have to reinstall mfcce211.dll in the E-105 because of problems with my Belkin NIC identical to those I had had on my MP790. Haven't had time yet to investigate hexeditors for either platform. I do have CEProbe on the E-105, which does show what appears to be a long list of hexadecimal values associated with each application, and the value entries appear to be editable. But I don't assume that this means that I can use CEProbe as a hexeditor. Also, while CEProbe is freeware, it says it's specifically for the Palm-size PC platform, and I tried installing it on a couple of my H/PCs some time ago and it wouldn't work.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.375 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 37