x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Grow baby grow

1 2 3 4 5
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 3:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes it's slow, but it's growing! I mean the community on this forum.

Almost every time I logon (almost everyday) I'd look at the forum main page and notice the number of registered members at the bottom. Last time it was 99, and just now it's 101.

Is it just me, or are we growing faster than, say, 2 weeks ago? This is kinda exciting to watch
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 3:28 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

We can but hope. The community has needed something exactly like this IMHO, and now all that needs to happen is for everyone still using HPCs of any denomination to wander across.

I think the board does need more registered users, but it's getting there. I do share your optimism
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 3:36 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Now, I'M NOT TAKING CREDIT FOR ANYTHING, but it seems that right as I got on this forum seemed to be the same time that many other people bought hpc's. When I first came here, there were around 60 registered users, about 4 that ever talked. I have gleefully (hehe) watched since then more and more people every DAY come into this forum and talking. Since I first joined I have also witnessed, (and ranted) along with the grumbles for development on this platform that have lead to the Developer's Arena. It is amazing how much this forum has grown, and I am seeing it come to life. I think this forum will single-handedly bring this platform back to life and give much joy to the users of these devices. I rejoice!
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 8:16 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

programsynthesiser - 2004-11-24 2:36 AM

Contact me on skype - compynerd386
Contact me on aim - compynerd386
Being able to contact me - pricelessQUOTE]

Genius...

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 8:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PS, you're so modest

The forum is but nothing without the users who fill it. That people come to discuss, and rant. Is a testiment to the fact that there are people out there who have the spark, and have realised the potential of the H/PC form factor.
The more people that come to the group the more engergised and empowered people seem to become. Ideas and opinions are raised. Problems are solved, long term bug bears are put to rest.

Did we do that? No. YOU did that.
We just provided the forum - and long may it continue.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 2:55 AM
#
H/PC Elder

109...so when we reach 200 can we all be sent a bottle of coke through the mail? lol
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 8:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Coke... I loath coke

Give me tea

I'll happily send everyone a <beverage>. It's your round though isn't it PS?
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 8:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

That's right.... if it isn't a good, proper English Tea... Our man Chris just isn't up for that...

A round on me at the Eagle and The Child (Oxford, England)!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 8:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thats the OU students union isn't it?
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

It should be!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 7:05 PM
#
H/PC Elder

The life of a student...AND I'M AMERICAN
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It is my firm belief that every American student should go to Europe for a year of study. Likewise for Euro's. It would greatly help in the culture gaps we have today if you lived "among the people" for a year and get to know them. Plus, you learn to appreciate another way of education.

Eagle and the Child (bird and the baby) was my favorite pub in Oxford. The Trout was also grand as was Three Goats Head (pound-a-pint night every Monday) and The Turf.

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well if I ever do make it up there, I will definitely give a big shout on the forum just so that everyone knows...Oh, and I would like to make a sad sidenote (yes, I am a master of making things off topic...look at this thread...) But anyways, although I really do love the hpc handheld platform, it really saddens me that Microsoft surpassed the palms, because 1. They didn't do it with hpc's which are already dead, so no value of this comes to us and 2. The palm pilots may have not been the first pda, but they really started the world of this type of computing, and have that kind of amazing simplicity that apple computers used to have, they were really special. But now, as apple scrapped their amazing system for the unix-based mac os x, and palm has scrapped their original system for the ppc-like os 5, that system has lost its class. Maybe one day I will buy an old palm IIIc off ebay for $20. Luckily, this can't happen to us, as our system never really changed. It is as easy to use as CE 1, and has the same advantages of being able to do laptop-like things but reboot from a crash in 2-3 seconds. I will end this note with YEA NEWTON DOOOOD!!!(I am loyal to the hpc platform is I )

Edited by programsynthesiser 2004-11-29 7:27 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 7:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Seriously! You need to learn how to create new threads... or we'll have to start moderating.

Do remember though that the platform is not dead. We have seen new CE H/PC's this year. From the last of the HPC2000 generation - MobilePro 900 and then the new CE4 core generation devices.

While numbers may be small, they still feature in the 2004 figures.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 7:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I would start a new thread, but didn't you say that it wasn't allowed to make new threads on palms/ppc's? And I saw that frozen ppc one for posting violation too...I will stay more on-topic, I just had to get that little bit out of me. Oh yeah, in my last post, I was referring to hpc's that haven't lost their class, which is the majority. But my personal oppinion is that CE 4.x is too close to Windows 2000, which takes away the pda simplicity of the platform. I don't mind if you moderenator this thread. <starts talking in Arnold accent>
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 30