x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Grow baby grow

1 2 3 4 5
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Elder

well ... after using the MP790 for coming to two months now ... I am pretty satisfied with it as a notebook replacement (HA! How about that for a change? ) ... the only grunt I have right now is the browser!!! arggghhh ... hence possibility of Netbook Pro. Between Netbook Pro and MP900c, I would pick Netbook Pro simply for its better screen. I mean, NEC is really nuts to still ship with a DSTN screen for 900c!!!

Thinking about it, back in 2000, I was issued a BRICK, Compaq Armada E700 (??) as my notebook. Its HUGE ... almost 2 inches thick and weighed in like 7~8lbs!! Good grief ... actually, I was meant to get a Compaq M700, but my gentleman side of me swap it with a lady consultant for her E700!! ... ok, getting side-tracked ... anyway, the point being that even such a monster back in 2000 has a TFT screen ... I really cannot comprehend why NEC still implemented DSTN for 900c!!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 2:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, i'll try to do that. i don't know him though..
until we get the applet on hpcfactor, we should look for another one so that we don't have to wait at all ) what do you think?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 3:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah, i don't really understand nec's decision. cheaper for them? ehh
btw, my toshiba portege laptop, from 1999, has a TFT too.... i never even knew there were DSTN laptops until i read about them
you don't mind the netbook pro's size? i think it is somewhat larger than the NEC.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-01-31 1:00 PM

yeah, i don't really understand nec's decision. cheaper for them? ehh
btw, my toshiba portege laptop, from 1999, has a TFT too.... i never even knew there were DSTN laptops until i read about them
you don't mind the netbook pro's size? i think it is somewhat larger than the NEC.

I guess when it comes to size, the numbers never tell it right. Only when I got my MP790 and use it for awhile, did I realise what it really is like. While it (MP790) is much bigger than my former T3, I like the bigger screen, higher res and built-in keyboard/modem/pccard+cf support!!

So comparing MP790 and NetbookPro, I would prefer NBP as it has a proper browser, which is like 60% of my usage basically. If the Clio or Sharp Mobilion (model number??) or the MobilePro 880 had CE.NET, I would have grabbed those instead of MP790.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, i see now
good luck for the netbook pro! tell us your experiences with that wonderful machine

what do you think about the chat?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 6:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Snappy!, something tells me you're more a VGA user than a HVGA worshipper like.. er.. me
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-31 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-01-31 3:51 PM

ok, i see now
good luck for the netbook pro! tell us your experiences with that wonderful machine

what do you think about the chat?

Well ... until the NBP drops in price ... I'm still happy with my MP790! ...

The chat? hmm ... me uses Trillian ... so I can access my ICQ, MSN, Y! all in one!
So, let's set a date/time for the world-wide HPC conference?

oh, C:Aime ... maybe you can notify the OEMs like HP, NEC Samsung etc ... they can join in the chat too ... entrance fee for them is free HPCs for those from this site on that chat!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 5:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

trillian? i use mirc and ibm java irc on the hpc. i think, hpcs are absolutely suitable for irc.

what date would you recommend? i think it should be more regular, for example every friday evening or whatever. or every evening!?
we should take the time zones into account though..
the other issue is the where!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

201 members now
I wonder who was the 200th?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 3:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is that a hint

hehe

It was natsukashii
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-01 8:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

hehe ... well ... trillian is on the common pc where I use sometimes. I use iMov for my MP790. Also allows me to go on multiple msgrs!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 3:02 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Just to make sure that everyone doesn't forget how quickly this forum is growing...As of 11:59 as of U.S. Pacific time , so far 4094 posts in 578 threads and up to user 244! Unlike near the birth of this forum, where it may have been a week or two before new users registered, now that number is changing daily. And there are so many threads that I have to scroll down a bit! Just want to congratulate the admins.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 8:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well shucks, thanks.

The most we ever went between new users was 3 days though.

4100 posts now.

We should start pools on the date and time we get to 10,000 posts.

Would need to have some rules though... knowing how competative some of you are around here... so no bundling of ProgramSynthesiser, Snappy! and C:Amie into the back of a van, and forcing us to post to your own deadline from some decreped abandoned warehouse 'up North' - that means you Chiark!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 8:23 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-02-21 6:02 AM

Well shucks, thanks.

The most we ever went between new users was 3 days though.

4100 posts now.

We should start pools on the date and time we get to 10,000 posts.

Would need to have some rules though... knowing how competative some of you are around here... so no bundling of ProgramSynthesiser, Snappy! and C:Amie into the back of a van, and forcing us to post to your own deadline from some decreped abandoned warehouse 'up North' - that means you Chiark!

hahaha ... how about if you throw in a couple of sigmarion IIIs and unlimited wifi to boot ... and of cos some pizzas occassionally ... gosh, I'm a man of little needs.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 10:31 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Now how did I get into this...

The site is growing - we all know that. And its time to revive this thread!

Close to 300 users now, this 100 came (and will go) much faster. Need I say it again? This site is growing! Although with much 680e threads and my ridiculous posts (and Snappys! ahaha) this forum is out there on the web now. If we keep going at this rate, soon there will be a lot of huge improvements for the hpc platform, and who knows what can be done then?

-So lets get started with those bets! (Does the van have a dvd player? )
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8