x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pencentra 200 Internal Battery Replacement

Newbie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-27 3:56 AM
#
Would anyone please explain how I could replace the internal battery of my Pencentra 200. It will not charge anymore and is permanently reported as charge state = 'Very Low'. I appreciate I will have to dismantle the Pencentra so looking for advice from any one ahead of me? Thanks
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-27 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

IIRC, you can't hard reset a 200 without removing the backup cell? Well, this is a chance to rid yourself of that silly problem forever.

I'll suggest if you have to pull the 200 apart to replace the battery you might want to make a mod.

Take one side on the battery and run it to a tiny momentary normally closed switch. Drill a suitable hole in the 200 case where you can access the tiny switch and mount it there.

When you're done a hard reset will consist of removing the main cell and pressing the tiny switch.
Full hard reset. Load software and go.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-27 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-08-27 6:26 PM

IIRC, you can't hard reset a 200 without removing the backup cell? Well, this is a chance to rid yourself of that silly problem forever.

gee that's serious. no hard reset without disassembling the machine? how stupid.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8