x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 820 + WL100 wireless internet problems

HPC Guest
HPC Guest Page Icon Posted 2005-08-27 3:11 PM
#
Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have a J820 and the Compaq wl100 pcmcia card. I have installed the HCL drivers and am trying to get Internet Explorer working, and I can't!
I'm getting the wl100sta.exe performed illegal operation message (thats the wl100 green/red screen link connector in the bottom right hand corner) so that doesn't work. However, going through my routers setup page I can see the J820, I can ping it and it responds to the 4 packets it sends. I can even pick up an IP address through DCHP and by manually assigning it, but every time I try and surf the net it comes up with the message that the site can't be found.

Any ideas before I lose my sanity?

Thanks
Nathan
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-27 5:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it's not the right version of the driver..

go to support section here on hpcfactor, go to intersil prism reference drivers and download the hpc pro drivers.. provided they can be downloaded (the restrictions you see..)
 Top of the page
HPC Guest
HPC Guest Page Icon Posted 2005-08-27 6:04 PM
#
tried and still no joy
 Top of the page
wallly
wallly Page Icon Posted 2005-08-27 6:53 PM
#
Is your gateway and dns server set to your router?
 Top of the page
HPC Guest
HPC Guest Page Icon Posted 2005-08-28 3:54 PM
#
How do i register DNS etc?
 Top of the page
HPC Guest
HPC Guest Page Icon Posted 2005-08-30 5:08 PM
#
I'm still having problems. My router can see the J820 through the wireless connection, I can see its IP address, MAC address etc, but I still can't get the internet to work

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
HPC Guest
HPC Guest Page Icon Posted 2005-08-30 5:59 PM
#
I've even tried to install my Aironet 340 I use with my J728 and still have the same problem. what settings do i need to change to get the J820 to access the internet? The J728 did it automatically
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 11