x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Good Diary software for J720? How about RPGs? Thoughts on video.

Macros746 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-28 5:21 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello all,
I've just been getting to know my J720 and ...I gotta say....I LOVE it. I have Calligrapher, Quake, Doom, TCPMP, Morphgear, and a whole lot of movies and Family Guy episodes. So here are my series of questions:

1. I would like some sort of nice Diary software. If I have to I suppose I could just use Word or Textmaker....but I would assume this exists somewhere...?

2. I have many of the Final Fantasy games running on the SNES emulator (morphgear) and I really like Nethack but aren't there any pure RPGs made for the HPC screen?

3. I have found that cartoons encoded with PocketDVD look great on the 720...but in most other movies, the blurring is slightly distracting (I know, DTSN)...does anyone have any tips or tricks to aid it? Any shows that you watch on your JOrnada that you love? I'm loving the Simpsons, Family Guy and Southpark. All look flawless.

Thanks,
Macros
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-28 8:08 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

For Diary Software I like Tombo... it keeps each day in a distinct text file in tree view, and offers encryption if you want to keep people from reading your stuff

For RPG's, the only one I know of is Shadowgate... pretty good game, but price is a bit high for something so 'old school' compared to what we are used to on our desktops.

Guyturf

P.S. For movies I usually drop all the way down to between 10-15 fps to reduce 'blurring', although that can leave things a bit choppy, I'd rather notice the occasional dropped frame than have fuzzy pics
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-09-06 4:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

If you mean diary as a journal, CLC Journal 2.5 from CrownLogic (www.crownlogic.com) works for me.

Uncle Ben
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 14