x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Gamechipper Page Icon Posted 2004-11-24 1:02 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Does anyone know will I will be able to find an Atari Emulator for Windows CE?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 3:22 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

The only emulators that I know of for Windows CE is mamece and scummvm. But there may be more, as I always say, search google! (And post the result for all to see)
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 4:03 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

In answer to your question, yes there's an Atari Emulator for Windows CE. It's called CastCE, and is here - http://www.pocketinfinity.com/ . The bad news? It appears to be targeted to the PocketPC and is only compiled for ARM, but given that it supports PocketPC 2002 (same base as HPC2000) you might be in luck if you download the PocketPC dlls needed to run things like Acrobat (for example)

I'm afraid I've not tried CastCE - I was a commodore weenie

There's an Amiga emulator, but at the moment it's quite limited in what it'll run on - it needs a CE .net (4.x) base machine to work on. Success has been reported with the Psion Netbook pro, but this doesn't run on the Jornada 720 at all

Good luck!
Nick.
 Top of the page
Gamechipper Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 9:11 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm all new to this dll, or editing the dll, i know nothing about, a few tips and hints, or just evening a fellow HPC member out would be nice.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I don't know about Atari, but for other emulators, there are quite a few listed in HandheldAttitude (http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/). Just click Software, Games, and scroll down to the Emulator section.

I only tried Yame, which runs very well on my j728. But the screen refresh is so bad it isn't very playable (hardware's fault, not emulator's)

I do use the same emulator on a PPC tho. hp and NEC need to wake up and give us a new model with new screen
 Top of the page
Gamechipper Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 10:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yep, that site is good, i found 80% of my software there.

Edited by Gamechipper 2004-11-25 10:22 PM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 11:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The screen problem is as follow's the HPC is not a gaming machine, its desighned to be a work enviorment system, network, text, non moving graphics...and the ocasinal game like solitare or somthing slow like that... THE pocket PC, or atleast what it was first ment for ..was more of the TOY, less ultimate function than a hpc, but sure beats the hell out of a palm pilot.....any way thats why you get the type of screen you do & hardware function...
 Top of the page
Gamechipper Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 2:26 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yeah but some people are not taking advantage of the screen size.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9