x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Microdrive with Mobilepro 780

Dole
Dole Page Icon Posted 2005-08-29 8:10 PM
#
Hello,

I was trying to use a 5GB Seagate ST1 Microdrive with my Mobilepro 780, and when I first insert it, the system asks me to "format the Storage Card folder so that the system can use it?" and offers the options of Yes and No. I selected Yes and waited a half minute or so. I then recieve an error stating "There was an error verifying a write operation to sector 0. The storage card may be write protected, faulty or unsupported (error code 31). Do you want to ignore this error?" and again offers Yes or No. Selecting Yes causes nothing to appear on screen for another minute or so, and then gives the same error. Selecting Yes again closes the error box and after another minute, gives an error that states "An error occured while formatting the Storage Card folder (error code 31)." If I select No in any of the previous error boxes, it simply disappears. Is there a way to rectify this problem?

Thanks
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-29 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Do you have another hpc to try the drive in?

A sector 0 error (boot sector) usually means death for that drive as all sorts of important parameters are stored there.
Check the Seagate site for a drive verification utility for CE. I doubt they have one but you never know.

Do you have a laptop to fdisk and re-partition the drive? Seagate should have a windows utility to verify the drive.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8