x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What Browser emulator do you suppose this guy is talkling about?

Macros746 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 3:15 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

http://cgi.ebay.com/UPGRADED-HP-Jornada-720-128Mb-CF-Wireless-Internet_W0QQitemZ5804099796QQcategoryZ38331QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He sells these fairly regularly...I wonder if he is referring to netfront. If he has found some way to get an updated browser that would be HUGE to us 720 owners....

Macros
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 4:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Mmm, "virtually upgrades" it? Maybe he meant the registry hack that identifies the IE as a higher version, like 5.5, but it actually isn't. Some websites check for the version but doesn't really need to, or some would still work to some extend with IE4 but doesn't allow it.

Other than that I have no idea
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 4:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have my 728 with the registry hack for internet 5.5,... and the security certificates updated.

I canĀ“t access my bank account online. But a friend without security certificates and without registry hack can access his bank account online(is not the same bank than me).
Every bank use diferents internet security protocols. But the most important is the password and security firm.

I use Jeode JVM to load internet java content in a web page.

I supose this person dont have a security update. It was not very publicited and the result is not excesive satisfactory.

Well, he is buying his Hp720 and of course he want buy it. If people know the HPC problems and want to buy a HP720 when read the announcement can think wrong this HP720 model has a new internet browser.Simply.

If a developer or open source group was working in a new browser, beleave me that you will have notices about it before that you see in a Ebay as this case.

and talking about internet browser...... :

Opera is porting his Opera internet browser for all plataforms: mobile phones(java), pocketpc phone, pocketpc(2002 and wm2003), symbiam Os(nokia comunicator had it),...Maybe the Pocketpc 2002 version works on HPC2000.

And Minimo change his development politica and is porting Minimo to PocketPC 2002. Remember Mozilla only port Minimo to the windows mobile 2003. The new MInimo for Pocketpc 2002 maybe work on an HPC 2000.

We wait paciently this new port . The HPC community is very patient....

Edited by hpcpro 2005-09-01 4:55 PM
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 4:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I can't access my bank account, and thats with the registery hack (My Banks hsbc.co.uk)

Nick
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 5:34 PM
#
H/PC Elder

IIRC, I asked the browser question when this ebayer was selling a prior 7x0 and someone here was going to em the vendor.

Oh well,sooner or later we'll have Opera or Minimo hacked to work on hpc2k I'd imagine. Till then IE works fine with my bank. Funny, it didn't at first but within a week of calling the bank tech support and explaining to them I only use hpc's, as do most of my familly, and a lot of friends, they altered their site to accomodate ppc/hpc/sp users. Now that's service.

BTW, NF3 doesn't.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Nice, your lucky, I've emailed them, and they won't change it. I can't even see the homepage, I just get the odd links and a white page.

Nick
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 4:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've emailed the guy, as I am genuinely interested and if it was a breakthrough, I'd buy one.

However, something doesn't sound right. There's "registry changes" and "many programs" that make it appear as IE 4.0

Pushed further, I got "The upgrades run mainly from the compact flash card so they do not take up much space on the virtual memory."

"There are no webpages about the upgrades, they are my upgrades that i have
developed and have paid people to develop for me they are exclusive to my units
and available nowhere else."

I think he'd make better money selling these developments to existing J720 users - I'll suggest it to him
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 6:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nick C, hsbc use the same SSL as Lloyds TSB do, so it should work.
As to their web page, if you save http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/pib-home to disk and then stip out everythign other than the form, you should be able to log in assuming the code on the popup doesn't break something.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 10:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I never thought about that, thanks

EDIT: It works fine, shame it uses IFrames though, I still have to scroll.

Nick

Edited by Nick Charlton 2005-09-02 11:05 AM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 1:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

He Mentions Java webpages, maybe its just some VM that works with PIE?
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,

Yeah, it probably is, and the registery hack.

Nick
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

chiark - 2005-09-02 10:10 AM

I've emailed the guy, as I am genuinely interested and if it was a breakthrough, I'd buy one.

However, something doesn't sound right. There's "registry changes" and "many programs" that make it appear as IE 4.0

Pushed further, I got "The upgrades run mainly from the compact flash card so they do not take up much space on the virtual memory."

"There are no webpages about the upgrades, they are my upgrades that i have
developed and have paid people to develop for me they are exclusive to my units
and available nowhere else."

I think he'd make better money selling these developments to existing J720 users - I'll suggest it to him

please suggest it!
find out about this mystery..
i asked him as well and he didn't even reply to me. no comment.
hmm can you ask him if it's Jeode? though that must be installed into ram afaik.
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-09-03 1:04 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

All I can say about Pagiee's PDAs the eBay seller is this. He has many repeat customers. He has always been quick to respond to my questions. Read his extensive feedback. Many buyers comment on his speedy shipments and quick response to questions.

He recently answered three posts I sent asking about his wifi cards and the CD he has that greatly simplifies installing utilities and drivers for NEC & Jornada for the unused Enterasys PCMCIA cards he sells for $26.95. He is an unusually knowledgeable seller of used handhelds and handheld components, battery packs, wifi cards, etc. In two years, he has never taken more than a few hours to respond to a query from me.

If he says he includes something, I find he does. He is either a programmer/tech or has someone working wih him who is. usedhandhelds.com charges rediculous prices for barebones used handhelds they gaurantee against DOA. Paigee charges significantly less & gaurantees against DOA & when he says a PDA looks and works like new, I have not heard anyone say otherwise.

So far, he has shipped within an hour anything I bought from him. I ordered an Enterasys Card from him two days ago. $3.95 S\H and I am already using it, without even breaking the seal on either the Enterasys literature or CD. I copied the NEC790 cab from his CD onto a CF card and followed his step by step instruction sheet. Two minutes & I was installed and connected to my access point.

He is also a significant Amazon.com handheld seller and his feedback is strongly positive there too.

---Bruised
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 16