x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I wasn't too sure where to post this as I have several puzzles.

1. Before putting network drivers on the MP I had it running apps from the CF card at boot just fine. I had to modify my homebrew autoexec.bat and other files to reference storage card2. (Note: I have the 512mb memory card in the front slot.)

After installing and configuring the spectrum drivers it went downhill fast. At boot time instead of the apps running from the CF card I get a looped error message. (Can't find xxxxx on storage card2)

However, if I disable my autoexec and boot when all is said and done, Storage Card2 is indeed the CF card in the front slot. I don't get it. How come the MP can't find storage card2 when booting with my autoexec?

2. I added a systempath to the ppc stub dlls. I can't run any ppc programs unless I copy them into the stub dll folder. I can't get NF3 to run at all, even installing it to the stub folder.

Any ideas? Is this because I have a 780 with a 790 rom? Are there some subtle differences that the rom swap lacks to turn the 780 into a full fledged hpc2k machine?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 2:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mhmm, probly netfront has the mfcce problem (your wlan card might use mfcce all the time) hexedit it. if it's already hexedited, check if it's hexedited properly (mfcce301.dll itself needs to be hexedited, and not only netfront.exe but some other netfront dlls, etc...).

storage card thing.. when you boot with your autoexec is it still storage card 2? it might have changed back to plain "storage card". if it's not that, i'm lost.
if it's indeed that, you can try and read CESD to fix the storage card problem (to name your card permanently.)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lan card, good call. I overlooked that one cuz' it's a spectrum I've never used on hacked machines. I'll make the changes and pray.

The storage card thing baffles me. It's storage card2 with or w/o my autoexec.I'll use the cesd to fix the name and see how that works.

Funny thing is the g/f doesn't care if the autoexec works and she doesn't seem too concerned about NF3 either. It bothers me more than her....

It's safe to say she's only got one foot in our waters so far. I give her great credit for wanting a MP and parking her piddle. I must say, the more I use the MP the more I like it. It has a huge advantage with ppc apps. With NVD, the ppc app is *much* larger and easier to use than on my 6651. There are some advantages to have less pixels vertically and this is such a time.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-09-04 8:40 PM

Lan card, good call. I overlooked that one cuz' it's a spectrum I've never used on hacked machines. I'll make the changes and pray.

The storage card thing baffles me. It's storage card2 with or w/o my autoexec.I'll use the cesd to fix the name and see how that works.

Funny thing is the g/f doesn't care if the autoexec works and she doesn't seem too concerned about NF3 either. It bothers me more than her....

It's safe to say she's only got one foot in our waters so far. I give her great credit for wanting a MP and parking her piddle. I must say, the more I use the MP the more I like it. It has a huge advantage with ppc apps. With NVD, the ppc app is *much* larger and easier to use than on my 6651. There are some advantages to have less pixels vertically and this is such a time.

you can be sure the hexedit will work just don't forget to hexedit *all* instances of mfcce. maybe olece is worth a try as well.

storage card.. really mysterious! don't worry though if she doesn't really care about the autoexec thing, maybe she just doesn't need it. NF3 is important though if she wants to browse.

i'm sure she's going to like the MP! the MP form factor is just so nice.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 1:59 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm going shopping for a 789 or 790 myself I like the keyboard and layout so much. I'm getting too paranoid about taking my 6651s out of the house. Silly eh? They're supposed to be mobile devices.

Since the MP can do almost everything (except tablet and minor other things) the 6651 can do it will make a fine "combat" unit, going with me into dangerous places. The tiny battery of the MP weirds me out. So small but such good runtime. Add NVD and up the res a bit and off you go. I find the dstn screen fine so far. It's soo big compared to a j it's so easy to read.

I can't believe that a glut of 790's went on ebay awhile ago for what, $80-100? Maybe I'll get very lucky and find a paint modded one in Ferrari red. I'm no great Ferrari fan but a red one will really stand out.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-09-05 2:06 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-06 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hehe i see you've really fallen into love with MP's as for my 900, i just wanted to see what it is like but i will not sell it now never

the battery is good because of the dstn screen. it's not weird at all. the real advantage of dstn is the low power consumption.
you don't mind NVD slowing things down? or isn't it so bad on the 790?

i can assure you it's well worth the 100$ even though i never saw a 790 but it is the same form factor as the 900

btw, has your netfront hacking gone well? is everything ok?

Edited by cmonex 2005-09-06 3:21 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8