x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Internet Explorer

Stealthsa Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey guys, finally got the wireless and such fixed, I only have 2 more problems left and then its gravy. This 680e is really starting to pay off and be worth the work to get it to work.

1. Even with the "right click" feature, I can't get a "Save target as" option, so when I go to click a link to a PDF (thank God and Cmonex I got a PDF viewer) it transfers me to a page with a internet explorer translation of a PDF (basically all signs and symbols). Its right there and I can taste it..... if I could only save it onto my card I could view it, anyone know a tip or trick for that? maybe a registry hack to MAKE a save target as button..... hmm that'd be insane.

and finally..........

2. The version of internet explorer.
The most common used site (for me anyway) in college, is http://blackboard.sunysb.edu

Its where all my class information is and stuff. if I try to view it on my 680e it asks me where I should download the file (THE IRONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, if I could only switch the errors ) and obviously..... it isn't a file.

Another user says it works fine on his 700 series jorny, would there be anyway to update or upgrade the IExplorer on my 680e so I could view this, or patch it, or something? or is this an uphill battle that will result in ultimate failure? Thanks so much for all the help guys.

-Sal
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 5:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm what happens when you download the file, can you rename it to html and then view it "offline"? i encountered a similar problem on my jornada 720 with another page, and this trick worked. if you need to click on links in it it'll be more difficult..
hm dunno about save option, but doesn't the same trick work? (saving the page, renaming it to pdf.. just an idea.)

Edited by cmonex 2005-09-04 5:07 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 5:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Please don't double post questions, your post in the 2.0 forum was moved here.

I'm positive that other forum users will be interested in hearing where you brought primer from
 Top of the page
Stealthsa Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 6:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry about that, I'm new to forums and Forum ettiquite or however you might spell it.

Sorry for all that may have offended and bandwidth wasted and whatever else might come as a consequence.

-Sal
 Top of the page
Stealthsa Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

You know I actually tried saving the page and changing it to PDF but for some reason it must not have saved correctly because when I opened it it became a blank page

Oh well, worst comes to worst I'll just find a computer, transfer all needed pdf's and such to a CF card, put it on the jorny, and have a happy day looking at my lecture notes from whereever I should choose....... and I'll save batter power if I don't have the wireless card in (that thing SUCKS power man, I didn't have enough money (bout $100) for a nice "socket" low power ethernet or wireless, but I'm just glad it works)

-Sal
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12