x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

zyth Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 8:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I see quite a few references to having to hexedit file from ppc to make them work on HPC... is there some sort of 'beginner's guide' for this someone can direct me to? My searches are finding it

Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ahem well. i've been planning to write the beginner's guide for a long while now
actually i will be writing it tomorrow (or more like finishing it) in my native language (which is not english). it'll be just a matter of a hour to translate it to english as well and then you all can start hacking away happily!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-04 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

until that, visit my site (izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php) to download necessary stuff for the hacking. there are even some hacked/hexedited files.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 1:43 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-09-04 10:26 PM

ahem well. i've been planning to write the beginner's guide for a long while now
actually i will be writing it tomorrow (or more like finishing it) in my native language (which is not english). it'll be just a matter of a hour to translate it to english as well and then you all can start hacking away happily!

Good news! I know you'll do a thorough job. I'll get my g/f (who is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it involves hpcs) to hexedit from your instructions. If she can follow the directions, anyone can
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 2:22 AM
#
I wonder if its possible to hack the newer internet explorer and get better versions to work on older HPC's. There is prolly a big reason why this wouldnt work, but if it did....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 10:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Dexxta - 2005-09-05 8:22 AM

I wonder if its possible to hack the newer internet explorer and get better versions to work on older HPC's. There is prolly a big reason why this wouldnt work, but if it did....

not really. skyfox and someone else have tried it... well the best result was IE 5.5 running on hpc2000 but it didn't really render pages afaik.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 10:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-09-05 7:43 AM

Good news! I know you'll do a thorough job. I'll get my g/f (who is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it involves hpcs) to hexedit from your instructions. If she can follow the directions, anyone can

true, it'll be throrough! i'll mention and explore every possibility i've encountered so far. i'll try to explain them as well. and your g/f will provide a good test, thanks!
 Top of the page
zyth Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Excellent! I can't wait... whee!

Now if only a better irc client than IrcCe would come out... stupid thing won't join channels on UnderNet without crashing...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 5:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry for the little delay the manual will be out soon

ircce: you coud try ibm java irc (downloadable from handheld attitude) with a java vm. the problem is that sun personal java isn't without bugs (java panic on hpc2000, interestingly on ce.net it isn't an issue) and jeode jvm can't handle queries (=private messages). but it's definitely worth a try. if you want, i'll test if it will work with undernet
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 11:18 PM
#
Cmonex...

Is your manual out yet? Just wondering..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok i have to be honest here i never finished it in hungarian on that day i was trying to, so i'm doing it in english now (and only then in hungarian). but the good news is that i'm half way through, the 790 (upgraded 780) is perfect for this task (i do not trust hpc pro pocketword so it has to be hpc2000 or better)

it will be a little longer than i expected, but there'll be a summary so if someone's lazy to read through all of it... (5 pages so far and as i said only half way through)

hope this reassures you a little.. it should be finished at the end of this week, just have to find the time again.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 6:20 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I found a GPLed hexeditor for Windows which is written in Win32 API so there is possibility of porting it. I don't know how long it could take but I will try little by little. For now I will try to get used to eVC and C++.
I will write about the progress.

Top of the page
Farmboy Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, IE 5.5 fix is something I've been trying to find out about. I bought myself and my oldest grandson upgraded MobilePro 790s only to find out that my ISP won't let us use IE 4.01. Any hints would be much appreciated....
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 9:36 AM
#
Great news cmonex!! I'm anxiously waiting!!! One of these days I need to buy you dinner....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-10 9:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Farmboy - 2006-02-10 3:16 PM

Hi, IE 5.5 fix is something I've been trying to find out about. I bought myself and my oldest grandson upgraded MobilePro 790s only to find out that my ISP won't let us use IE 4.01. Any hints would be much appreciated....

umm i think a little searching on these forums could help i'd like to outline the hack for you but cannot remember the details without searhcing myself... basically go to the registry and find IE useragent or similar .. then edit it..
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11