x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I need a harder-to-break Wifi card...

takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-25 10:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

No I haven't broken mine yet... Today I dropped my j728 for the first time. I was just too lazy to zip my bag, and when I put the bag down, the heaviest thing in it came rushing out the opening to the ground

The Jornada itself only got a scratch in the corner (I will always zip the bag from now on). But the Linksys Wifi card was bent a tiny little bit. I always knew that was the weakest link (no pun intended). I bent it back and it's still working. But I'm not sure if it'll ever survive another bump, or how long it'll last.

So I'm looking for something that's less likely to break. Last time I went to the local PPC meeting, someone had the Socket wifi CF card, and it seemed to stick out much less. Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 12:32 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I have a Cisco Aironet 350, which just has a bump that sticks out of my 720, no bendable antenna. It's made of metal coated with rubber, so it looks like it could take a hit too.
 Top of the page
CompTech
CompTech Page Icon Posted 2004-12-11 11:05 PM
#
Get ahold of a Cisco OEM card, no external antennas. There is an internal that keeps the card from frying itself, but you can add externals to increase signal strength. When you order the card, get a couple of the wire types with connectors for the card. I taped mine to the topside of the case when I used one. Nothing wiill stick out but the two wires!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11