x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Symbol Wireless Networker

1 2
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 4:35 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Got this card because it was cheap and has beta drivers for H/PC Pro. Unfortunately, while the drivers installed fine and the card is blipping greenly, the utility didn't seem to install, so I can't set up the network. Anyone has any experience with this adaptor, and an idea of how to get it working?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 8:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Which mod# symbol did you get?
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 5:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It says Spectrum24 High Rate on it, an LA-4137. You think it might work with a utility from another company?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 6:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I cannot find a 4137 on the spectrum site. Just a 4131... and it's an Access point.

The LA-4121 802.11b NIC is the only 802.11 one I have.
Can you email me the associated cab for your device, I'll have a look at the installer routine.
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 8:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The driver I downloaded is at the bottom of http://www.symbol.com/services/downloads/documentation_drivers.html. Unlike other installs, it didn't seem to leave any residual files under the ActiveSync directory, so I can't send anything more specific than is available there.

A web search did suggest that the card uses an Intersil chip, so it may be compatible with other drivers. I might try that tomorrow.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 8:14 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Always go for the best supported card there is (Cisco 350) then get it on ebay...
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 4:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Won't help me much, now, will it, programsynthesiser.

I've tried to install the Linksys WCF11 drivers and Compaq WL100 drivers. In both cases I get an error on reset: "Cannot find 'WL100STA' (or one of its components). ..." (this is for the WL100, but similar error for the WFC11). This also happens if clicking directly on WL100STA.exe, so I assume it's the "on of its components" parts.

After trying both these drivers, I installed the Symbol driver again, and noticed that it was writing quite a few files into the Windows directory. One of them, NICTT.EXE, is apparently the utility in question (there's a NICTT.HTM which explains about the settings). However, I also get this error if I try to run it.

Is there something missing from my Izzi Pro, some DLL or something? Is there a way to find out? I know that there's a program which lists needed DLLs for a Windows programs? Would that work for Windows CE programs?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 4:54 AM
#
H/PC Elder

By any chance, do you have the Adobe Reader from this site on your machine?
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 5:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If there's an Adobe Reader version which works on H/PC Pro, I'm not aware of it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 9:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Please stay on-topic. There are threads on Acrobat elsewhere on the forum.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Sorry about that, its just that I had problems with my wireless card after installing the Adobe Acrobat Reader on my machine (so it was kinda related)
 Top of the page
wallace
wallace Page Icon Posted 2004-11-28 11:53 AM
#
FWIW, did you use the HPC211.xxx.CAB ? I've had this card working fine on hpcpro and hpc2k. It's NOT an Intersil based chipset, so forget Prism drivers. However, having said it works fine on hpcs it is extremely slow. Forget streaming videos and even MP3s. Expect to take forever copying files. It does about 40Kb/s (6651) compared to 175Kb/s for a Prism based card. It's slower still on my J690.
But is extremely frugal on power, runtimes go way up using the Symbol.
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-11-28 4:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wallace - 2004-11-28 11:53 AM
FWIW, did you use the HPC211.xxx.CAB ?

No, I used NetworkerSetupHPC211.exe, the download from the website. It installs using ActiveSync, and I haven't found the separate CAB files.

Regarding the Prism drivers, even if they don't work with this card, the fact that they've given me the same error suggests that there's a general problem with the system. They should have installed fine, even if they didn't work with the card.

Thanks for the info about the speed. Might not have bought it had I knew this before, but I'm going to stick with it for now (assuming I can get it to work). But it's good to know that the battery will last long with it.
 Top of the page
wallace
wallace Page Icon Posted 2004-11-29 12:25 PM
#
Several things come to mind. Frst, that's the same setup file I used. I forget how I extracted the cabs, but I did and I have them. They install fine w/o AS.

Second, If a Prism card and drivers didn't work for you I'll bet you either have a flaky pcmcia/cf slot or your registry is messed up.I'll guess the latter for now.

Have a look at the HKLM\Drivers\PCMCIA key in the registry and delete anything you see for Symbol and Prism. Then try again. Never insert the card until the install is finished.
 Top of the page
dgt123
dgt123 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 2:57 PM
#
When you install NetworkerSetupHPC211.exe, check \Program Files\Symbol Technologies Inc\WIRELESS NETWORKER\ and the CABs will all be under there.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.238 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9