x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC'er Hosting Offer.

Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi All,

I've merged into the Hosting Business. This is basicly an advert for a HPC:Factor hosting offer, I will provide a 10% discount, to all the listed prices on my hosting website, to apply the discount, please email me before ordering and I will provide you with an offer code

These are subject to change (prices and specs) so please confirm everything before you buy.

The Basic Package:

Space: 100mbs

Bandwidth: TBC

POP3 Mail Boxes: Unlimited

Email services (Auto Responders, Mailing Lists and Distribution Lists): Unlimited

My SQL: Unlimited

ASP, PHP, CGI and webmail all included.

Price: £1.99/month £23.88/year

The Advanced Package:

Space: 500mbs

Bandwidth: TBC

POP3 Mail Boxes: Unlimited

Email services (Auto Responders, Mailing Lists and Distribution Lists): Unlimited

My SQL: Unlimited

ASP, PHP, CGI and webmail all included.

Price: £3.99/month £47.88/year

(These prices DON'T include the discount. Like I said earlier, please ask. Any of the things I've mentioned are subject to changes, just ask before buying .)

I'm happy to edit the packages to your requirement, please ask.

There is no setup cost, or other charges unless I have mentioned them.

The website still is under construction, I will post a link when it is finnished.

If your interested, please email me, PM me, answer to this thread or IM me, thanks.

Nick

Edited by Nick Charlton 2005-09-07 2:10 PM
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

ah, the latest Charlton plan for world domination

I have a fasthosts reseller account - if anyone does need hosting, ping me as well as Nick. It's a pretty good service...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 1:14 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

How about a special PS offer: 10gb space, working email, registering a domain name for me...

Oh, and the price has to be $0.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 2:00 PM
#
H/PC Elite

lmao, no chance
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 4:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

PS, if you're able to guarantee that you'll do something towards porting a browser, I'll give you free hosting.

Domain names would be at cost price, or you could register wherever you find cheapest and use my hosting.

That's a serious offer... Let me know.
Cheers,
nick.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks for the offer, but I was joking just a little.

For now, I am trying to insert my pentium's motherboard into an old intel express hub, which would give me a case of the necessary size and ventilation to keep it running as long as I need. But, I need the hub first, as for some reason, my school system does not want to sell the ancient hub, and would rather keep it in the corner of a room for the next 30 years (similar to when they wouldn't give me the IIe sitting on the dirt, on a field, in the blazing sun). So I need to spend the $25 (in shipping) to get my own.

But I do thank you for your offer.

Programming? I am definitely getting at it now, mostly because I finally got the book I have been trying to get my hands on for too long now.. (C for dummies by Dan Gookin). Definitely good reading, but as I have mentioned before, I cannot guarantee anything. Doing so would be foolish, I am not in the position to promise things at the moment.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-05 10:47 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I was joking just a little.

NP, but if ANYONE needs hosting, you know where to go:

http://www.zi-hosting.co.uk

According to my Sig, HPC:Factor users get a discount. Well, is this true? Of Course it is, but now the plans have changed, so please check the site first.

If you need large file mirror services, I can provide those too, but I won't be doing this off my Hosting Servers, I run this off my home-server, but if you only need small mirrors, then ziHosting can cope with that.

Many Thanks,

Nick Charlton
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh, well, I will need hosting for the linux beta for 720, when I release it. Multiple hosters would be great, either for a possible torrent download, or the zip itself.

But that is not something to worry about before it is finished, anyways. 2.6 Kernel, anyone?
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hey,

I can provide all that. HTTP, FTP and Torrent Downloads. BUT, the torrent Tracker is on my personal, home-hosted server, this shoudn't be a problem though. It will be on Business ADSL after Christmas.

I can provide HTTP downloads through ziHosting. I don't mind providing Mirror services, I currently do so for http://www.bootdisk.com

Does anyone know how to setup an IRC server on Windows? Thats my next thing to do.

Cheers,

Nick
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-06 1:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

You mirror bootdisk.com?

Heh, tell me how to get an irc server working on Linux first...I guess it is hard on all platforms then. (In my case, it will not compile. )
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-11-06 5:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yeah, I have mirrored some of there downloads for about a week now. Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and hover your cursor over some of the downloads, look for mirror.zi-hosting.co.uk

I have no idea about Linux, but the only IRCd/IRC Server I could find that ran properly was UnrealIRCd. They have a Linux version too. I would like to have an IRCd when my server goes back online.

I was just thinking, C:Amie mentioned to me that HPC:Factor *might* have an IRCd at some point, so insurgent must know

You would have thought though, a Torrent Tracker would be harder to install than an IRC server, well, thats my opinion anyway.

Nick
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-06 12:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-11-06 7:28 AM

You mirror bootdisk.com?

Heh, tell me how to get an irc server working on Linux first...I guess it is hard on all platforms then. (In my case, it will not compile. )

you want to run it on your J720?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-06 4:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes, Unreal is the one I am going for. It seems to be a bit more promising than the other ones as far as compiling, probably the only reason why it will not compile is because the pentium had a bad Linux install. I hope it isn't my kernel _again_...
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-11-06 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2005-11-06 5:01 PM

you want to run it on your J720?

Erm, I don't.

Unreal seemed ok, but I don't know how to set it up. I hate C config files.

Nick
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-06 11:00 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I have found C config files to be very straightforward, the only problem with the irc daemons is that their config files work differently: instead of uncommenting something, it seems that you either need to leave it commented and change something after it from a no to a yes, or change the comment character.

Snappy!? Oh wait, its not worth asking, because you will just tell me to learn C and find out for myself.

-Ok, maybe I should do that.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9