x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Simply can't get smc2632w to work on 680e

Xander87 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 10:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, I got this card on eBay and I've verified that its working just fine on Windows ME on my laptop. But no matter what I do, I can not get this to work on my Jornada 680e.

I've tried the compaq, linksys and prism drivers. All of them install fine, but will not recognize the card, i just get "are you sure the card is inserted?" errors. I'm entering PRISMNDS.dll for the prism drivers when the unrecognized card comes up.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll just buy a different card if I have to, and use this on my laptop, but I'd rather not.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 7:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you have a 2632w-v2 card then it wont work as it's an Amtel chipset not a Prism chipset.
 Top of the page
Xander87 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

the driver for ME seems to be V3, so I assume that's not going to work with CE either. No problem, I've already purchased one on eBay that was specifically labelled as use for the 680.
 Top of the page
MoMagnum
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 9:44 AM
#
Chris, how do I find out which version of the card I have? Trying to get one working on a Jornada 720, which driver's will I be using? SMC dosen't have nothing on there sight and this card isn't listed on the HCL.
Thanks,
Moe
 Top of the page
MoMagnum
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 10:22 AM
#
MoMagnum - 2005-11-27 9:44 AM

Chris, how do I find out which version of the card I have? Trying to get one working on a Jornada 720, which driver's will I be using? SMC dosen't have nothing on there sight and this card isn't listed on the HCL.
Thanks,
Moe

I SEEM to have been able to get it to work, I will update.

Moe
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 6:35 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

This card is working on my 720, drops connection a lot though, but being left handed, my hand obscures the card's signal a lot. Found this site:

http://www.nodomainname.co.uk/SMC2632W/

I am going to try this.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-15 8:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good deal, which driver did you use?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13