x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How "legacy" is my Compaq 2010c?

jcflr Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 1:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently aquired a Compaq 2010c from a friend, and I was wondering just how obsolete is it? I haven't been able to piece together from the site if it's an old model that's not worth my time, or if it could still be usable in the real world. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, what good things does the 2010c have going for it?

isaac
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 7:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a 2.00 device, it still has Windows XP compatiblity, and Office compatibility - though it wont with Longhorn.

How legacy it is as ever depends on what YOU need it to do. There is plenty of software floating about for it, but finding developers wtill programming for it will be a tough challenge... but that's true of any generation.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

isaac

How obslete it is, is in the eye of the beholder. As Chris mentioned there is plenty of software still available for that H/PC and the internal Pocket Office software etc, is very usable, if you learn to accept the limitations.

Your biggest problem will probably be trying to locate a replacement for your main battery...... then again, if you start using it on a regular basis, you will probably end up wanting to upgrade to a more current unit, such as a Jornada 720/728 or a Mobilepro 900/900c.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 5:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I have a Compaq 2010c and it is kind of basic, but I have installed some programs like a Movie player (Wodeon), Powertoys for CE 2.0, and some other things I cannot remember at this time...

I can link you to the HP website that has the Compaq 2010c patches and updates. It also has a PDF of the manual...

Link to patches and updates: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/C-Series/us/locate/50_1226.html
Link to product manual: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?locale=en_US&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=3124&prodTypeId=215348&prodSeriesId=96239&lang=en&cc=us

Joseph
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9