x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Connecting a Nokia D211 on Jornada 728 to a wireless router

dgt123
dgt123 Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 1:03 PM
#
I have been trying to connect my Nokia D211 card (inserted into a Jornada 728) to a wireless D-Link router D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 Wireless USB Adapter(rev.B).

I have setup the SSID, password etc etc. The D211 card just sits there "Searching" for the Access Point. Does anyone have any tips about connecting this card to ANY router or Wireless Access Point while using WEP (Wireless Equivelancy Protocol) security?

Many Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 6:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Clint is the real guru around here on the WiFi front. He's off on his Thanks-giving holidays at the moment.
Drop him a PM with the thread link, see if he has any thoughts on his return.

It does support WEP, just don't try assigning several at once. I've read a report that it gets a little confused if you attempt to store several.
 Top of the page
TungstenC Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 4:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The D211 card seems to be disturbed with "G" Mode (even in a Mixed Mode) on several access point /router (I check that with a Linksys WRT54GC and a DLINK 2000 AP+". Unfortunately, Dlink doesn't offer a "B" Mode (11Mbs) Only.
The WRT54GC configured in "B" Mode only accept the D211 with or without WEP Activated.

I will try with a Netgear WG614 next days...
 Top of the page
TungstenC Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 7:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just FYI, I found via google an interesting thread about this problem :
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60297&postcount=3
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9