x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help with Windows CE 2.11

riccochet Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey all;
I just got a tablet PC running this OS (it was free ) and its missing some functionality that I wonder if i can get running.
I got the wireless working finally, but when surfing the internet a lot of pages either won't load or load incorrectly. I know this is because of the version of IE thats running on it but is there any kind of upgrades that i can install on this? I would also like to run messenger on this device but haven't been able to find anything that would run with this version of the software.
Are there individual options for this or is there any way for me to upgrade to CE 3? i know the OS is embedded and can't exactly by "upgraded" in the traditional sense but is there there any ROM chip upgrades or anything of the sort?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 6:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK, lesson in asking for tech support. Provide details of the device in question otherwise we can't help you. Generally speaking 2.11 device cannot be upgraded to 3.0, but without the details of the device, one can't be specific.

Both the browser and the IM issues have been covered in exceptional detail in other parts of the board, have a search around.
 Top of the page
riccochet Page Icon Posted 2005-09-10 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The device is a Vadem C-1000
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-10 2:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is no upgrade path to CE3 for that device so far as I know.
 Top of the page
riccochet Page Icon Posted 2005-09-10 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

okay... so searching through the forums i managed to figure out my options for messenger. However, i'm a little unclear with pocket IE. From what i can tell, i'm pretty much stuck with what i got there. Is this a correct assumption?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-10 3:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Until a time when/if the mozilla port is ready to look at a release, yes
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12