x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New to programming

1 2 3 4
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 5:17 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

This still has yet to bubble anywhere near the top of my "todo" list
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 1:38 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Dexxta - 2005-09-12 10:37 PM

I recomend the Boling book, "Programming microsoft windows CE" Second edition. It will teach you everything you need to know to get a window up and running, and doing something too.

I would like to start programming in C++ but I can't buy this book from Amazon. Why? I suppose because it's with CD. I can buy any other book.
Is there anyone who would buy me this book and ship it to Poland. I have paypal account so I can pay anytime.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regarda,
Raul
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 2:02 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ShadowMaster - 2005-11-08 12:06 AM

I Currently HAVE it working... in fact I've made some programming homework on my j720..... compiles slow but it compiles.... and what's better.... the executable DOES work...... and YES... in my good ol' J720
I'll be glad to help anyone into getting the compiler to run properly.....
[EDIT] And I got it working on my CF Card

Could you share the compiler and tutorial how to get it to work? Maimach's web page seems to be gone for long. I will gladly make a possibility to download the package from my webpage.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Raul
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 5:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't know if I can upload mamaich files to my server. I guess I need his/her authorization. Does anyone have mamaich's email?
About the 'how-to', I already post the instructions to get it running (once you have the files of course). I'll quote myself:

Myself - 2005-11-07 10:27 AM

You can compile C and C++ Code DIRECTLY on your J720 By using mamaich's gcc port.
http://mamaich.kasone.com/fr_pocket.htm
(Seems to be down right now)
Anyway, you need to download the file pgcc.rar from mamaich's website.
There are some dll in a "windows" folder in the archive. You are supposed to copy them to your windows directory but I put them in the bin dir and it works ok.

you can expand the "pgcc" folder anywhere. but if you put it in a placer other than \pgcc then you'll need to modify the sample batch files.
Then get the iphlpapi.dll used for PPC applications in HPCs and put it in the bin folder.
You are ready to compile now
Check the sample batch files provided and gcc --help for further reference about compiling.
There's NO IDE but if u need console apps you won't miss it

That means that u can install it in a CF card and it'll run (in fact I have it running on my CF card).
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 12:24 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ShadowMaster - 2006-01-16 5:55 AM

I don't know if I can upload mamaich files to my server. I guess I need his/her authorization. Does anyone have mamaich's email?
About the 'how-to', I already post the instructions to get it running (once you have the files of course).

Gcc is gpled so why do not distribute it freely?
Maimach's page is not available, if it will be back you can just take it offline.
I'm sure the reson she/he made it to be freely available at her/his page was to help the other making programs for Pocket/Handheld PC. More people use what I made would make me happier. I think it's the same for everybody.
Is there any chance you could send me those files?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Raul

Edited by raul 2006-01-16 12:34 PM
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ok, I'll upload it to my server as soon as it recover from whatever seems to have happened to it right now....
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ok, check out http://www.damnsoft.org. The info is available in the projects/Non-Damnsoft/pgcc section and the files are under the Download section (kinda obvious xD).
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 3:36 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thank You very much. If you locate maimach's e-mail I would thank her/him personaly too

What great news
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 5:31 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

you can expand the "pgcc" folder anywhere. but if you put it in a placer other than \pgcc then you'll need to modify the sample batch files.

I'm trying to get it to work form Storage Card. I added \Storage Card before \pgcc in batch files but when i try to compile I have error that there is no such file Storage - it seems that "space" in the name of volume is a problem. I thought I read that you somehow manage to get it to work on the Storage Card. 14 mb of ram is a lot of space wasted.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Raul
PS. I tried %20 as space but it don't work.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 9:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

raul - 2006-01-25 5:31 AM

I'm trying to get it to work form Storage Card. I added \Storage Card before \pgcc in batch files but when i try to compile I have error that there is no such file Storage - it seems that "space" in the name of volume is a problem. I thought I read that you somehow manage to get it to work on the Storage Card. 14 mb of ram is a lot of space wasted.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Raul
PS. I tried %20 as space but it don't work.

I think you can solve it with quotes ... "\Storage Card\WHATEVER", but I've not tested.
I use the batch files in the following way...
I add to the PATH variable the pgcc binaries directory, like this:

pgcc_set.bat

@echo off
@set pgccbase=\Storage Card\pgcc
@path %path%;%pgccbase%\bin

I store the gcc path in a variable since I use the path in other batch files.

Let's say you want to build the "hello" example that resides in \Storage Card\pgcc\samp\hello...
you modify the \Storage Card\pgcc\samp\hello\hello.bat file so it reads:
hello.bat

gcc ..\samp\hello.cpp -target=con -o hello.exe -Wl,-s

then you open a console, execute the pgcc_set batch file... then go to the samp\hello directory and execute the hello.bat file.

Is not the best way anyways but for testing purposes that's what I've made.
I usually compile in the bin directory since I've only built one-file console apps.
If I figure out a way to setup a nice compiling environment for make tools I'll tell u.

Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 4:45 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for sharing your research - most appreciated
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 11:45 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks for the help I will check if it works. I'm still waiting for my programming books.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9