x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

This Remote Desktop SIP bug on 4.1

xiasma
xiasma Page Icon Posted 2005-09-12 12:52 PM
#
Now it *WAS* working for a while, until I installed some software. Although this may just be coincidence, is there any known combination that causes it? Are there really no workarounds?
The way I see it, I could set Remote Desktop to start up with the Windows Accessibility on-screen keyboard (from the RD options), or I could use VNC.

Does VNC use much more bandwidth than Remote Desktop? Will there be a huge performance hit?

I know VNC doesn't start its own user session, instead presenting exactly what is on the desktop as previously logged in. So, what happens with screens of resolution other than 800x600? Do they scroll?

I'll try removing all the new software tonight, one at a time, just in case. I can live without Calligrapher (just) and the rest I could write myself in C#

Adrian
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-12 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well are you sure you used rdp for a long session. or were you just trying it out just to see if it works?

vnc is crappy on hpc's, no good vnc client available, sorry
 Top of the page
xiasma
xiasma Page Icon Posted 2005-09-13 4:29 AM
#
FWIW, I put the registry editor from the Microsoft Power Toys collection on the simpad last night and changed two registry settings:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client]
CEUseScanCodes from 0 to 1
CEConfig from Maxall to WBT

I hope this is of help to anyone else with the problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-13 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

so.. did it help? (i.e. fix the problem)

Edited by cmonex 2005-09-13 12:41 PM
 Top of the page
xiasma Page Icon Posted 2005-09-13 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Idiot me for not mentioning that YES IT DID

I'll eventually get around to knocking up a quick and dirty notes type application for .Net CF
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-16 11:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

xiasma - 2005-09-13 10:13 PM

Idiot me for not mentioning that YES IT DID

I'll eventually get around to knocking up a quick and dirty notes type application for .Net CF

i'm curious about your app.

well the sip bug .. i just realized you have a sinuspad and not an SL4. it is buggy on the SL4 only. sorry for the confusion.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9