x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mp 780 ActiveSync IR problem

benmat81
benmat81 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-13 2:51 AM
#
I have just recently purchased a refurbished Nec MobilePro 780 from ebay. Naturally it only came with an AC adapter and battery pack. I was looking to buy a replacement serail cable for it but was unable to find one for a decent price. So i decided to buy one of those usb to infrared dongle numbers. I got everything setup, drivers for ir device and activesync 3.8. I have my 780 all setup for ir with a speed of 115.2k as well as my ir device. This is where i'm stumped. I start Activesync and it goes to the "get connected wizard". So then i go to my 780 and click on the "pc link" under "communication". That brings up a box that says "connecting to host"; at that moment i click next on the "get connected wizard" on my desktop. Now at this point i expect the two computers to find each other and establish a connection...... however they do not. Both activesync on my desktop timesout as well as my 780. Now in the activesync window that follows that failure, it says your device was not dectected, however i did notice that my infrared port is in an available state, which i guessing is a good thing. Also i noticed that the ir device blinks when i click pc link on my 780, so that tells me that my 780 is sending a signal and the device is receiving the signal.... so what gives? why won't activesync recognize my device? Everything is setup the way it should be yet activesync refuses to talk to my 780

PlEASE HELP

Edited by benmat81 2005-09-13 2:56 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-09-13 6:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Make sure that the block is checked on your desktop Activesync under the connetion settings tab for serial/infrared. Also make sure that the com port assigned is the available for the irda device.

Make sure your Mobilepro IR window is really close to your IRD, within 6 inches.

You should then be able to initiate a connection by simply tapping on the PC link on your 780. After that, try initiating an Activesync session from the 780 as well.

Lots of people have lots of problems with USB IRDA with Mobilepros. Yet use a serial IRDA and there is hardly no problem at all. Go figure? I mean both are forms of serial data transfer....

I hear that usedhandhelds.com sells the cables for $15...you might check with them.

Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8