x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-09-13 1:20 PM
#
Sorry I've been absent for a while, got really caught up with school and work.

Anyways, I've got a 6651 coming in through a friend but I'm rather short on the funds right now - so I'm selling my beloved MobilePro 790.

Pictures will follow later (when I get home), but the details are as follows.

NEC MobilePro 790 Read a review

Item is in good condition, a few scratches on the outside (you'll see when I post pictures) from normal wear and tear but in good, solid shape. The screen is in great shape with no noticeable scratches (I've had it covered with a screen protector since day one). The keyboard is also in great shape with good response, no missing keys or rubbed off letters.

To be noted (so you don't freak out upon receipt), there is a small chip in the housing where the screen meets the main device, barely noticeable and in no way does it impact the function of the device. I'll point it out when I post pictures.

It must also be stated that this started off as a refurb unit, not brand new. It was previously owned by the good mod Snappy! and he kept great care of it, as have I.

What's included:

1 x NEC MobilePro 790 Unit
1 x Original stylus
1 x Standard Battery (holds a full charge)
1 x Refurbished Battery (with the coveted extra capacity cells, holds about twice of a full charge on the standard battery)
1 x AA battery adapter (takes 4 AA batteries, works in place of one of the above batteries)
1 x VGA out cable (tested, works nicely)
1 x Power adapter
1 x Serial Cable
1 x 32mb CF card
1 x Netgear MA401 PCMCIA card (works nicely with linksys drivers)

I thinkp that's it, I'll update the listing when I get home and take some pictures (I've got school until 10 so it'll be pretty late).

For pricing, I'd love to get $250 CDN (about $210 US) for the lot of it, shipping will be at cost (I won't overcharge). I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - willing to ship worldwide if you're willing to pay.

I prefer paypal, but I can work with money orders, cashier's cheques, personal cheques (you'll have to wait for them to clear first), and even cash if you're sure it will get to me in good order.

Finally, if you're at all worried about this you can check my eBay feedback, or I day say ask Snappy! how his transaction fared with me.

Anyways, that's about it. If you have any questions or offers you can post them in this thread, email me at dan DOT hunke AT gmail DOT com, or PM me.

Thanks for looking, pictures up ASAP!

Edited by corporate 2005-09-13 1:50 PM
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-09-15 4:19 AM
#
Pictures, as promised:

You can see the little crack in the housing in the 5th picture (bottom mid), but it's barely noticeable. I stupidly omitted the power adapter in the picures as well, but it's just a standard OEM North American power adapter that comes with the 790.

Also, please excuse the shoddy quality of the last pic. I had to turn my flash off and this makes my camera decide to keep the aperture open for longer.
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 12:32 AM
#
After much deep thought (I kid) - my prices are rather steep - I'd love to receive $150 US+shipping for the lot, but I am open to some negotiation and such. Any takers?
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 12:47 AM
#
DUDE! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

Although I really want to buy it, i'm only at about $135(US) at the moment. But, I'm pawning off my infrared PPC keyboard tomorrow for $30(US). Even so, I'd probably need a bit more than that for shipping...

Anyway, let me know all of the details and prices, and I'll seriously consider shelling out a good $150(US) or a little more.

limo_zeen@hotmail.com

or, you could just reply...
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 1:00 AM
#
Come to think of it, I could probably scrape up about $175(US) if I made a couple of seperate payments... I just don't have it all right now. ($150 + $25 for shipping)....

PS: I live in The Dalles, Oregon, US 97058 - Just my general location.

Edited by CardBoardCrusader 2005-09-19 1:03 AM
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 1:19 AM
#
I'm back, yet again. Sorry for all the frantic posting.

It turns out my financial situation is not as bad as I thought. After counting my assets, I've decided I can do it in one payment.

Anyway, just let me know what information you need from my end.

PS: You could keep your 32MB CF card... I've got a 128MB and a 512MB already.
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 6:17 PM
#
Sent you an email, CardboardCrusader!
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 10:31 PM
#
Sent you an e-mail, corporate!
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-09-20 2:06 PM
#
This one belongs to CardboardCrusader as soon as we work out the kinds, kids. Thanks for looking!
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 11:33 AM
#
*sniffs* I gave it away to the nice lady at Canada Post yesterday *breaks out in tears*

Enjoy!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 3:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

*there there*....

No wait! You get no sympathy! You're displaying a Piddle PC on this forum! ARGH! my eyes, my eyes!
It burns.....
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 5:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

LOL
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol but im sure he'll put a nice pic there of an intermec soon..
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 5:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

and CardBoardCrusader can add a 790
Happy Days
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-10-13 1:12 AM
#
I'm Back!

Sorry I could'nt reply for a while, I was grounded all of last week because of bad grades, but now my schoolwork is complete!

Yes, It came in the mail and is everything i'd ever dreamed of...

Thank you, Corporate. I appreciate the fact that you spent a lot of time on this package... and the CD! Bless you and I hope you will be well always.

At last... but I need help with the wifi card... The drivers on the CD are for CF and I don't know where to find them and-

Actually, I'd better be thankful for now... You have finally given me what I have been dreaming of since childhood...

PS: Let me know how that money order went! I haven't checked my e-mail yet.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9