x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AC Adapter Alternatives

Ebuddy
Ebuddy Page Icon Posted 2005-09-14 9:20 PM
#
Ok... so I just got my (almost) new Jornada 720 today but alas, the guy who sold it to me didn't include an AC Adapter as his auction promised. Nonetheless, while I try to work it out with him, I bought another on Ebay (I'll travel with one and keep the other connected to the dock at home). My question is this: If I find a plug that fits, what if any are the ramifications of using and adapter with 12v but perhaps onlt 1.5A output?

I'm going crazy staring at it but not able to use it! And, very much like my 5 year old daughter, don't wanna wait!
 Top of the page
exscentric Page Icon Posted 2005-09-14 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

If the voltage and polarity is the same and the current is equal to or higher than the original you should be okay. Radio shack and wal mart both carry units that have multiple tips and voltages. Wal mart probably would be cheaper.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-15 12:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Ebuddy - 2005-09-15 3:20 AM

Ok... so I just got my (almost) new Jornada 720 today but alas, the guy who sold it to me didn't include an AC Adapter as his auction promised. Nonetheless, while I try to work it out with him, I bought another on Ebay (I'll travel with one and keep the other connected to the dock at home). My question is this: If I find a plug that fits, what if any are the ramifications of using and adapter with 12v but perhaps onlt 1.5A output?

I'm going crazy staring at it but not able to use it! And, very much like my 5 year old daughter, don't wanna wait!

1.5 A will be adequate, don't worry my first adapter for the jornada 720 had only 500 mA output. the second had 1.25.. then i got the original one... all were perfect.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9