x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Should we port Dillo to Windows CE?

1 2
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-12-03 3:43 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

So now wouldn't be a good time to remind you that you said you'd learn it in 5 days then?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-05 4:13 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

It hasn't been 5 days
I said I would learn it in a week. I have only spent 2 hours learning it so far. I should make it.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 12:34 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, here we are - almost exactly one year later. Wow, a lot has happened since then.

I guess I should get moving? Haha, I am! Let's see how much further I get this weekend. Before I really did not have much of a reason to learn to program, but now I have goals.

Some things will begin to happen, everyone watch.
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 6:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

okay.is it possible to code a browser in pvb???i coded long times ago a server in vb in combination with perl...but i dont know if you can access network from pvb yet.

marco

PS:any way to handle stderr,stdin and stdout from pocketc?!?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Isn't stdin just input from the keyboard, and you could use it just by using a scanf function? And stdout with printf?

Wait that's C....cout?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Elder

chiark - 2004-12-03 1:43 AM

So now wouldn't be a good time to remind you that you said you'd learn it in 5 days then?

Thank you sir! ... hehe ... ps sure got into many many different stuffs ... kinda tough to learn C or C++ that way if you ask me!

But I'm sure he will get there sooner or later, ... ie if he can pull himself from the shell scripting stuffs and start some real coding ...

And ps, my offer still stands. When you are ready, I'll be happy to hit you with the ropes show you the ropes!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi Snappy! Yeah, I'm actually going now, and at a rapid pace!

I can now give the: Press any key to continue (and make it secretly be only one key!) prompt.

This is as best a time as any for me to learn, and you can help in those weird spots. But even though the book was written in 1994, Gookin actually prevented a possible gcc pitfall!

(getch() and conio.h...just removing conio and changing getch to getchar())

Anyways, I made a thread on this now!

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3110&posts=2#M27325

See you there!
 Top of the page
Targi
Targi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 2:58 AM
#
No chance to see a lightweight browser on my PPC, am I right?

Let it be dillo, let it be lynx or links. PIE is too strange and minimo is too heavy.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 7:21 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

There's a chance, but right not it looks like we don't have the developer bandwidth or desire to do it.

If it were easy, it'd be done by now... Problem is that it's a big job, even for a small web browser.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 7:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

chiark, why not modify minimo so that it would run on hpc2000? i can help a little by showing you where are the incompatibility problems (not too many of them there!)
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 11:39 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

because it's too heavy for use on a machine with less than 64MB RAM IMHO, and from a couple of days playing I couldn't find all of the code that would need to change. The source tree is *massive*, and there's no clear indication of what would need to change.

Realistically, it would be best to add another target (WinCE rather than PPC) to the build environment and that appears to me to be a huge task - although there may be tools to help that I don't know about, admittedly...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 1:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Personally, I say drop minimo already. We don't need a bloat app on our handhelds. What I am interested in is the engine that konqueror uses. It reportedly works well and quickly on a 680, and it is not too heavy either. I think that would be a better place to start. In the meantime, I will continue my programming studies. (And post accordingly)
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 4:31 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Agreed.

We need a browser that'll do:
-SSL
-Javascript
-CSS
-(Java maybe)

I don't have time to dedicate to this at all, as I've found other solutions but the hardware does need a decent browser.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12