x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Have some questions I have the 680e

thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-18 3:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK I just bought a 680e now my friend who had it befor said you need some updates for the web browser to work so I can surf the web. Now I dont see any update for the browser So if any one can tell me what i need to downlaod and a link will be very good so I can got to sites. I have a Wireless card and the windows ce driver. And how would I update it through syncing it it will update aotuomaticly i dont exactly know.

Also I would like to know if it can play movies smothly?
(a yes or no will be ok)

How is the adio quality from a 1 to 10. 1 being like having cheap spekers on max voulume and 10 being the best new spekers out right now.

also how loud are the spekers? from 1 to 10. 1 being almost nothing to 10 being a bit higher then normal.

also What program do I need to sync it with my comp
Activ sync or HP/C

And 1 more question.
when it says "Microsoft Windows CE 3.0 with Core System 2.11" What does that mean I have 3.0 or 2.11 and does that me I am ready have the internet update?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-18 7:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You want the SSL update, head to downloads
You want ActiveSync, head to Sync Soft
Sub 10fps
Low
pass
ActiveSync 3.8
Windows CE 2.11 Handheld PC Professional Edition, nope

Please note that there are numerous threads on the 680 already on the board discussing it in great detail - so browsing may help you become acquainted.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-24 4:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

thescreensavers - 2005-09-18 12:46 AM

Also I would like to know if it can play movies smothly?
(a yes or no will be ok)

How is the adio quality from a 1 to 10. 1 being like having cheap spekers on max voulume and 10 being the best new spekers out right now.

also how loud are the spekers? from 1 to 10. 1 being almost nothing to 10 being a bit higher then normal.

The video quality is not bad for a device that small. I get pretty smooth image flow on my 680e with BetaPlayer. (See the review of CoreCodec's The Core Pocket Media Player [TCPMP] 0.66 on the homepage for the website; TCPMP 0.66e is the most recent version of this player, and it's still free.)

I'd rate speaker sound quality at about 4 on both counts. The speaker is rather low-budget, and the sound pitch seems to vary a little on music files. I eventually removed my music MP3s from the storage card in favor of comedy clips without music. It's hard to hear at all in a moderately noisy environment, but it's pretty clear when you're listening by yourself in a room.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12