x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

how reliable is the 680e

thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-18 10:12 PM
#
sorry for doble post i put it in rong section.

So how reliable is the 680e

also is there away to print over the net work.

is there any thing i can get that i can get a cable to a print to print like that.

and my final question

if it says it has Windows CE 3.0 with 2.11 core system does that mean the update is already on it? so I can surf the web? without updating anything If i do need to update can any one tell me the name of it or a link will be nice.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-09-18 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If you posted in the wrong section, you should ask your post to be moved, not double post

what do you mean with "reliable"?

yes, using jetcet print, but an earlier version (like 2.xx), a 30 day demo is included with the jornada apps CD

there is a parallel print cable for the jornadas, try searching for it in ebay

it does not say "windows ce 3.0", it says Handheld PC Professional version 3.0, with 2.11 core system.
and no, that means it's not upgraded, get the H/PC Pro service pack. it won't increase the version but it'll upgrade your system.

Edited by matrixcore 2005-09-18 10:29 PM
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-18 10:42 PM
#
like It wont turn or or the touch screen stops or the keyboard dosent work. Is it reliable that it wont have thouse problems for a long time.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 12:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The way I understand you to mean reliable, I would say yes, it is. Freezeups like what you describe seem to happen occasionally on nearly every PDA, but in my experience with my 680e it's pretty rare. But sometimes they can be caused by a bug in an installed application. Have you installed any programs on your 680e since you got it?
 Top of the page
Theodosus Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 12:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thescreensavers - 2005-09-18 10:42 PM

Is it reliable that it wont have thouse problems for a long time.

I find Jornadas require firmer pressing with the stylus than any other touch screen I have used-- not jabs or hits but more pressure, and the screen seems to respond a little slower. Until you get the hang of using the touch screen, it can seem unreliable.

I find Windows Handheld PCs in general to be significantly more generally reliable than Windows XP notebook PCs, primarily because there are no moving parts, the main programs are ROM embeded, & the software is much smaller and basic.

Marvin Lautzenheiser-- 50years a computer programmer, O/S designer, & software & hardware engineer-- wrote recently that he finds the ten biggest problems with today's PC O/S and software systems is 1) reliability, 2) reliability, 3) reliability, 4) reliability, 5) reliability, 6) reliability, 7) reliability, 8) reliability, 9) reliability and 10) reliability

Edited by Theodosus 2005-09-19 12:06 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 12:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As Matrixcore says. In the future please do not double post the board. It will not be tolerated. Thank-you.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thescreensavers - 2005-09-19 4:12 AM

sorry for doble post i put it in rong section.

ok, no problem, i've deleted the thread just be more careful next time.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-19 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Theodosus - 2005-09-19 6:03 PM

I find Jornadas require firmer pressing with the stylus than any other touch screen I have used-- not jabs or hits but more pressure, and the screen seems to respond a little slower. Until you get the hang of using the touch screen, it can seem unreliable.

I find Windows Handheld PCs in general to be significantly more generally reliable than Windows XP notebook PCs, primarily because there are no moving parts, the main programs are ROM embeded, & the software is much smaller and basic.

interestingly, my jornada 72x's don't require much pressure at all.. especially the 728.. i hardly touch the screen and it will respond immediately. very comfortable
680 isn't bad either...
my 900 was almost horrible in this respect when i got it. but i got used to it soon, and somehow the responsivity itself has changed.. it is definitely better now, i'd say perfect.. probably i learned to calibrate the screen more efficiently.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-09-20 3:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I agree with cmonex. I don't have any problems with touch screen sensitivity on my 680e.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 33