x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Native programming on a J720

Polbit Page Icon Posted 2005-09-21 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everybody!

I have been a heavy user of the HP 200LX for the past 4 years, and have finally decided to upgrade to something more modern, so I just bought a Jornada 720 off of eBay. I really like it (save for the screen, but I'll get used to it...)

One of the things that I played with on the 200LX was assembly and C programming in DOS, as a hobby and to write small, sometimes even useful programs. I was wondering if there are any native compilers and/or interpreters for the HPC... I'm not looking for a full VB or C++ implementation (although it would be nice ), but something along the lines of QBASIC, etc.

Thanks for anyhelp!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-21 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm you have several options, i dont know if they're as good as on the 200LX. look at the software section of handheld attitude and the developer forums here.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 12:35 AM
#
I've been programming using QBasic for years. I should send you some of my work sometime. It's not very good, but let me know if you're interested.
 Top of the page
Polbit Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks, Handheld Attitude website is great. Too bad there isn't any stronger natively-compiled language support, but the NS Basic or PocketC look allright... I guess not many people feel like working with a full-blown C++ IDE ona 640x240 screen
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 5:59 PM
#
Rover looks like a good addon to Pocket C

Top of the page
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 7:11 PM
#
PocketGCC. I've made it work in my J720 without problems. It need some adjustments of course that I can't exactly remember
I've not applied any patch/update on the regular installation, it seems that some of them cause troubles.

There's also a VB-like suite, called NSBasic. but it's comercial.

The PocketGCC port I'm using is at http://mamaich.kasone.com/fr_pocket.htm
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9