x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help with the BSquare PHH!

1 2
BSquare Fan
BSquare Fan Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 11:03 AM
#
Hi All,

I bought a BSquare PHH and few weeks ago and did the reg hacks to return the desktop rather then the Vodafone rubbish. I have had a look at the software available but haven't really been overly impressed yet; Pocket On-Schedule is good but too pricey and that keyboard is tragic next to my Jornada or Psion.

However....I love that screen!

Anyway has anyone had this; If I have my BSquare just sitting there it will occasionaly turn itself on for a while and turn itself off again minutes later. I didnt pay it much attention at first but then my battery died several times and I lost the lot. I've tried a Hard reset and it still happens and I have the phone module always turned off(organiser only).

Also when I install GAPI and try to use TCPMP player the screen flashes when I touch the screen occasionaly blanking out....This is a softaware thing and only affects this app.

Anyone have an suggestions? I'm using CE Agenda for PIM atm but anyone know anything better?

Cheers,
Adam

Top of the page
harlemyin Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

about btplayer
options
setting
select page
advance
choose no backlight keepalive for video
default btplayer try to keep backlight alive when u play a video. but it is sth wrong with bsquare.
and when u chosse no backlight keepalive for video, everything will be fine.
by wachting video, just set the backlingt allways alive in bsquares control panel.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-22 3:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

BSquare Fan - 2005-09-22 5:03 PM

Hi All,

I bought a BSquare PHH and few weeks ago and did the reg hacks to return the desktop rather then the Vodafone rubbish. I have had a look at the software available but haven't really been overly impressed yet; Pocket On-Schedule is good but too pricey and that keyboard is tragic next to my Jornada or Psion.

what programs do you need that you haven't been able to find so far? apart from PIM (i have no better idea than POS and CE Agenda).
 Top of the page
Slaine
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 8:42 AM
#
Hhi, good afternoon.

BSquare Fan, could you explain me about the Hard Reset you did to your PHH?
Will disappear the Vodafone rubbish if I do a hard reset on my PHH?
Or I'll need to hack the reg?
I have mine just yesterday, and I have to say I dont like the Vodafone shell at all, I'm trying to find how to reinstall the Windows CE again, from scratch, without any rubbish shells on it, is this possible? reinstall the Windows CE on it? thanks for your answer
 Top of the page
Slaine
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 9:07 AM
#
Hi again.

Just to explain myself better, I'd like to know if I want to get rid of the Vodafone crap is enough with a hard reset, or I need to hack the reg key as well...
If I finally get rid of the Vodafone crap, can I have the windows XP theme on it, the blue bar menu and everything, just like it is now but without the vodafone screen and so....
And once in here, how is the process of the hard reset? I know I have to press the B and C keys on the keyboard, but what else? something about the soft reset button...where is this? and all of this is done with the PHH on or off??? Thanks for the answer.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, hard reset will not erase the vodafone crap
you need to do a reg hack, details are on this forum in other PHH threads. the hack is very easy, you just delete a key but i cant remember exactly where.

you cant have the XP design without the vodafone thing.. do you hate vodafone that much? (maybe hacking with resource editor could help, *if* you can get the right files out of rom ... not much chance for that!)
i think the "XP" shell is great and even though i tried the normal CE desktop, im back to this bsquare shell it just fits better on the vga / 4" screen.

hardreset: just press B + C + soft reset
 Top of the page
Slaine
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 4:23 PM
#
Hi, good night.

Ok, I get it, if I want to get rid of the Vodafone brand I´ll loose the XP shell....bad thing then.
I´m still not finding the "soft reset" thing, where is it? what is it?
Another thing, how can I read PDF´s in this device? I have tried the File Viewer that comes with it, but it says somethin about the document is password protected/encrypted, wich is not true, I dont know whats that all about.....any help? Is there other PDF viewer? Is there any Adobe Acrobat version for this WIndows CE?
Sorry for all the questions but I´m quite impressed with this device and I´d like to get the most of it
Many thanks for your time and help, really appreciate it
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hehe i can see why you're impressed with it i am too

PDF: the built in file viewer is not the best in the world... you can get the pocketpc version of acrobat reader for it. with a little hacking. i'll upload the version for bsquare PHH somewhere, because it won't run by default (not even the hpcfactor redist). that viewer is quite good! until that you can try another, which is on my site (well acrobat reader 2.0 is there too but its not hacked for the PHH), izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php, and there the ce.net viewers have a pdf reader

soft reset: do you have the manual with the device? i mean the quick start one, where they describe the hardware features. if not, then you will find a little hole on the top of the PHH. near the antenna. you can poke it with the stylus (you need to unscrew the stylus to be able to do that).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

http://csakugy2.atw.hu/acro20_phh.zip
acrobat reader 2.0 read the PHH + acrobat reader thread about possible glitches (about the find function)
 Top of the page
Slaine
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-04 4:39 AM
#
Hi, good morning.

Ok, now I know where is the soft reset button

I'm sorry but I dont have instructions at all of this device, I bought it on eBay and it came with no books at all....
Well, then what exactly does the hard reset on the PHH? if it doesnt get rid of the vodafone branding, what is does then? and whats the difference between the soft reset and the hard one? and...how do I do it, with the PHH on or off?

About the PDF, I'll try to use for a while the Adobe 2.0, I just dont understand why there is so little support for this device, or the Windows CE 4.1 system, I just dont get it

Many thanks for your help with this, I'm a bit lost yet....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-04 12:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

soft reset is like the restart of your PC
hard reset is like reformatting the C: drive on the PC everything will be lost that is not in the flashrom or on the storage card. doesn't matter if the device is on or off.
read the support section on this site please (http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/), it will tell you more.

sadly, ce.net 4.1 is not really supported officially but it is a great system, you'll see
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 5:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, good night.

cmonex

Thanks for the Adobe, I´ve downloaded it and after my PHH is charged I´ll install it I only have a question about it, I just install it or I´ll have to do something else like play with dll´s or anything?

Well, Im trying to do the hard reset, but in my PHH it doesnt work.
I press b + c + soft reset, and it just does the same thing than if I just do the soft reset, just restart it, any idea why? and I hold them pressed about 5 seconds....

Im reading the support section of this site and I have to say is very good, many things to play around with, nice

Edited by Slaine 2005-11-05 5:26 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as i said you just have to copy the whole folder to your bsquare PHH, anywhere.
no playing, this has already been done, it is absolutely ready for install (=copy) now.

press b+c at the same time, keep them pressed, and press soft reset too for a sec. it will hard reset immediately.
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-07 11:31 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, good evening.

cmonex

Well, I just got rid of the Vodafone thing on my PHH, much better now I also got to do the hard reset as well....thank god

There is just one thing it wont work, the Adobe. I downloaded it from the link you gave me on the post, and copy it on the PHH internal disk, when I click on the Adobe icon it minimizes and stays there....it wont do anything
It says something about the license agreement or some like that, and it'll stay minimized doing nothing.......
I extracted it on the computer, and copied the folder unzipped to the PHH....
Any idea?

Many thanks for the info and help
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-07 5:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Slaine - 2005-11-07 5:31 PM

There is just one thing it wont work, the Adobe. I downloaded it from the link you gave me on the post, and copy it on the PHH internal disk, when I click on the Adobe icon it minimizes and stays there....it wont do anything
It says something about the license agreement or some like that, and it'll stay minimized doing nothing.......

just press Enter if that doesnt help, press tab and then enter.
you will never be asked again to accept the license agreement, don't worry (except if you hard reset again )
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 10