x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Parties and Teenagers, a lethal mix?

1 2 3 4
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The title is quite close to what I am asking. Those of you that are happliy married and have kids, then turn into teenagers, I have a sister that differs from my personality.
Heres the differences:
Russell:
2 previous relationships
Has several computers
Has several phones
A 3d artist
A volunteer
Sensible
Attends an art course
Responsible
Negative
lack confidence

Tanya:
0 relationships
Has 1 computer
Has several phones
Animal care student
Attends an Animal care course
not realistically thinking
Positive
Over confident
Irresponsible

Now what does this have to do with parties? I am against one she is planning. I have read and heard that teenagers parties are less than ideal, in fact, they are considered a nightmare. Teenagers tend to lack common sense, but my sister wants to organize a party in the house I am living in for 35(!) people. I have said no and I have try to talk to my father, what happens if this that or the other? I have heard seen on MSN of one story with £80,000 worth of jellery stolen. With that sort of thing gone, it puts me on edge of how much equipment, even my priceless artwork going missing. This house could have a high ammount of valuable goods. We have a network of 11-15 computers. What happens when these have left and no suitable replacements found?
Sure, lock them away, what happens if the house is set alight, what happens if the rooms are broken into that are locked? MY sister said that there will be nothing like that. What happens if she f**ks up and she is irresponsible? She has a lot to answer for if so, but I haven't heard of any suitable punishments.

As I said, I am unhappy about any of this.

Your comments please?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 3:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I appreciate your plight, but please adhere to the forum rules on your language.

Personally, I'd be more worried about drunks having accidents, the inevitable alcohol spill on the carpet that winds up in a computer.

I take it that your folks wont be there and you're not invited.

You'll want to keep the bedrooms locked to er, minimise on *hum* copulation oportinities.

I think the biggest problem potential is if its gate crashed...

not that I'm trying to be alarmist or anything... but I'm with you on this one.

I'm just dead boaring I guess
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 5:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Several possible solutions to insure things work well:

1. Take everything that is yours and important and securely lock it in your room. Take photographs for inventory in case the house burns down and you need to itemize your loss to the insurance company.

2. Anonymously let the police know there is going to be lots of drugs there the night of the party and dare them to park outside.

3. Volunteer to watch your friend's Doberman Pincher that evening, tie him up outside the front door.

4. Invite the local chapter of Hells Angels over that evening with the promise of free beer.

5. Start early and tell everyone this: "Hope you make it to my sisters party, she needs cheering up since she learned of her conversion to HIV+"

6. Just sit quietly in one the chairs and stare at the floor while you take a large machete and keep sticking it into a piece of wood on the floor. It might help if every now and then you say to no one in particular, "Why do you want me to kill them, I just don't understand....leave me alone!"

Rich
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 6:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

don't overuse the "what ifs" because what if you get burglared or what if the sky falls?

like i used to think "what if the airplane crashes" that thought used to cripple me!!

i say, if most members of the house hold don't mind the party, just let your sister have it, and take measures to protect your valuable things. hopefully nothing bad will happen.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 7:11 PM
#
Rich Hawley, that was hilarious beyond words! LOL!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 7:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i agree with msafi on this one....
such a worrying attitude can ruin your life. i've seen that in other cases
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 8:02 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich Hawley - 2005-09-23 4:58 PM

Several possible solutions to insure things work well:

1. Take everything that is yours and important and securely lock it in your room. Take photographs for inventory in case the house burns down and you need to itemize your loss to the insurance company.

2. Anonymously let the police know there is going to be lots of drugs there the night of the party and dare them to park outside.

3. Volunteer to watch your friend's Doberman Pincher that evening, tie him up outside the front door.

4. Invite the local chapter of Hells Angels over that evening with the promise of free beer.

5. Start early and tell everyone this: "Hope you make it to my sisters party, she needs cheering up since she learned of her conversion to HIV+"

6. Just sit quietly in one the chairs and stare at the floor while you take a large machete and keep sticking it into a piece of wood on the floor. It might help if every now and then you say to no one in particular, "Why do you want me to kill them, I just don't understand....leave me alone!"

Rich
LOL
I say to go to (or I guess stay at) the party, try and relax and have a good time, while keeping an eye on your things. It is unacceptable if you are not invited though.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-09-24 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rent a hall!! Rent a feild! Have a day party which ends around 8PM, then have 'close' and trustworthy friends sleep over.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 1:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Gee ... when I was a teenager, why didn't my sister attempt to throw a party for 35!! ... hehe ... then again, I was busy writing computer games to be bothered with parties ...

Nonetheless, Wess, I'm with you no your plight, as far as the *danger* the party might possibly post to your PCs and gadgets...

Say, how about a compromise, and make it a LAN party instead? ... then everyone brings along their notebook or pay a $500 deposit to join in the party ... ... and hey, if they don't have $500 to throw in for the party, maybe they should be else where? ... hehe
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 1:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

$.... Dollars.... Pha! We use real money in the Old world, not your spandangled monkey money

The one questions that I really want to know is, where's my invitation to said party?
 Top of the page
Surf_Gurl Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wessex_nut - 2005-09-23 11:08 AM

The title is quite close to what I am asking. Those of you that are happliy married and have kids, then turn into teenagers, I have a sister that differs from my personality.
Heres the differences:
Russell:
2 previous relationships
Has several computers
Has several phones
A 3d artist
A volunteer
Sensible
Attends an art course
Responsible
Negative
lack confidence

Tanya:
0 relationships
Has 1 computer
Has several phones
Animal care student
Attends an Animal care course
not realistically thinking
Positive
Over confident
Irresponsible

Now what does this have to do with parties? I am against one she is planning. I have read and heard that teenagers parties are less than ideal, in fact, they are considered a nightmare. Teenagers tend to lack common sense, but my sister wants to organize a party in the house I am living in for 35(!) people. I have said no and I have try to talk to my father, what happens if this that or the other? I have heard seen on MSN of one story with £80,000 worth of jellery stolen. With that sort of thing gone, it puts me on edge of how much equipment, even my priceless artwork going missing. This house could have a high ammount of valuable goods. We have a network of 11-15 computers. What happens when these have left and no suitable replacements found?
Sure, lock them away, what happens if the house is set alight, what happens if the rooms are broken into that are locked? MY sister said that there will be nothing like that. What happens if she f**ks up and she is irresponsible? She has a lot to answer for if so, but I haven't heard of any suitable punishments.

As I said, I am unhappy about any of this.

Your comments please?

hi this is my very first post a good friend got me into it well lets just say that i am all for a party she is a gurl rite well wut do you exspect being a teen is about partys and boys and doing stupid stuff sum times well if you want my advise i would have to say just stay homw wit your stuff and protect it wit your life haha no seriously just stay home wach out for the lil sis and stay with your stuff so you know no body can mess with it i wish the best for you always

Tisha
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 10:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Surf_Gurl - 2005-10-11 7:58 PM

hi this is my very first post a good friend got me into it well lets just say that i am all for a party she is a gurl rite well wut do you exspect being a teen is about partys and boys and doing stupid stuff sum times well if you want my advise i would have to say just stay homw wit your stuff and protect it wit your life haha no seriously just stay home wach out for the lil sis and stay with your stuff so you know no body can mess with it i wish the best for you always

Tisha

Surf_Gurl,

I agree and disagree with you. I disagree on being 'for the party', however, Wess, I do agree upon the fact as locking away your very precious items.

Joseph
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 11:13 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I also believe that we can speak proper English here, instead of speaking like a twelve-year-old. Your opinions are reasonable, but the language and spelling just lowers how people perceive you.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-10-12 4:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-10-11 8:13 PM

I also believe that we can speak proper English here, instead of speaking like a twelve-year-old. Your opinions are reasonable, but the language and spelling just lowers how people perceive you.

As I always used to say: Some people read the writing on the walls; I proofread it.
 Top of the page
Surf_Gurl Page Icon Posted 2005-10-12 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanx for calling me 12 and ill spell how ever i want and i will use all the slang i wan k do u have a prob wit that srry if im cummin off as mad but it did kinda make me pissed you can proof your own spelling but leave my stuff alone
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12