x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Parties and Teenagers, a lethal mix?

1 2 3 4
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 6:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You leave those girls alone

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 1:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2005-10-13 2:30 PM

By my (and Wes's) reckoning, that says March 10th

I'm sure he'll turn up soon enough

oops, in the U.S.A, 10-03 means October 3rd, but in the U.K., I guess it is March 10th, next time, however I will put October 3rd...
 Top of the page
Anaya
Anaya Page Icon Posted 2005-10-14 1:40 PM
#
Not a big deal man....

Back in the day, my buddy would have a HOUSE PARTY... 100+ people!!!!

Everything would get moved from the livingroom, DJ was tucked in the corner, fragile stuff removed from the was (picture frames, art, etc.) access was (physically) limited to the common areas - no one could moved into the bedrooms where everything was secured (i.e, you sister won't end up there (at least))...

It was ALL GOOD...

Until the driveby took place

Just go with it, put all the valubles away and tap the keg!
 Top of the page
Surf_Gurl Page Icon Posted 2005-10-23 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2005-10-14 4:48 AM

You leave those girls alone

i am very othended bout wat ppl have sayd about me and i wil not go on hpc:factor again til some1 apolojizes to me.

Tisha

eidt: i wrote wrongly

Edited by Surf_Gurl 2005-10-23 4:55 PM
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 5:39 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey guys again,

I forgot about this thread some how, I am probably living a hetic lifestyle.
The party has not happened yet, and I won't be there to experience the.... errr..... never mind, men and women drunk...... me wonders what happens!
(then again, it couldn't be worse than my ex-tutor about 3 weeks ago saying something to a couple of students, her words were
"no r.....(is that allowed in this context?) in the woods!"

Seriously, one reason for me not wanting to stay and be in the party, I'd rather have a quiet time, on my own, (or the one I love - if I had anyone... Abby, are you listening? ), and I rather not be around to loose it to some fly girl, who has one boyfriend for 1 minute then finds another. Static is what I am after.
(Actully, most girls I find, don't like red heads at my age, I am unfortuately a tall ginger person, oh help! )
Oh and sleep at 1AM? No way!

Locks on my door.... Now that would be possible, if it isn't a bi folding door! Now, have fun putting a lock on! (in other words, not realistically possible, a lock and bolt would be a good idea, but err, that can be hacked easy!)

Lastly, my new years plans, to do what The Petshop Boys wanted to do, "Go West, where the air is clean......". Well, to Bath that is. I'll spend a night in a hotel with my father, who does data collection as it is termed at the Roman Baths and Costume musean (so 4 laptops will be the order! ) and I will be booked into Browns for lunch. I suppose that makes me extremely lucky. My tutor thought it was nice, but she is going to Berne, so I found out yesterday, when we were talking about new years eve plans.

By the way, off topic now. My display pic shows 2 VEPS transversing the Down Main, Havant at the moment is getting a complete revamp as part of the 2 year resignalling program, started in Octover, so unforuately, the DM is now OOU, well, its to be removed! Shame, it was always better to send ECS on the DM than to send them via the DN loop (platform). Theres also 2 new crossovers to be put in, the one nearest to Portsmouth is in, and one half on the Brighton side is in, so the entire lot will be Bi Directional. (Well, Both of Havants platforms.)
Elsewhere in the area, the Fareham - Eastleigh line is getting a whole load of new signals too, which may extend this far west. In Portsmouth, Copnor road is shut, because of the well timed demolition of the Copnor road Bridge over the rail line. It has become unsafe to use, acording to some.
If you want to see the Spiniker tower however, yes, its open, no, good luck, you may not get there!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 8:03 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Surf_Gurl - 2005-10-23 1:52 PM

i am very othended bout wat ppl have sayd about me and i wil not go on hpc:factor again til some1 apolojizes to me.

Tisha

eidt: i wrote wrongly

Later...

-No apology.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 9:45 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

ROLF but, didn't you address this with this post?
ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-10-13 12:37 AM

You perceived what I said wrong. Although blunt, I meant it as advice so that you will not be ignored in the future. I suggest that you at least think about it.

Edited by Yoldering 2005-11-03 9:52 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-03 9:58 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yes.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 7:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Interesting this, my sister wants to invite 30+ people, firstly, with 3 Irish Red and White Setter dogs (and 1 red setter), how on earth are you going to find the space?
Secondly, how do you let 38 of them crash in a house with half the bedrooms locked OOU?
Thirdly, what happens if the worst happens? I won't be happy if a fire destroys my data or some stuff goes mysteriously missing! I suppose I better put tape around my door and window that says "Do not accept if seal is broken"!
OTOH, I suppose I could demand 3 more webcams are put up, we already have one that is accessible on the internet that looks out onto the drive. I can provide an address if anyone needs it. What I would like is 3 more cheapies in the living room, and 2 in the hall (one up, one downstairs).
Oh and it takes place on the 31st January 2005
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 7:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Interesting this, my sister wants to invite 30+ people, firstly, with 3 Irish Red and White Setter dogs (and 1 red setter), how on earth are you going to find the space?
Secondly, how do you let 38 of them crash in a house with half the bedrooms locked OOU?
Thirdly, what happens if the worst happens? I won't be happy if a fire destroys my data or some stuff goes mysteriously missing! I suppose I better put tape around my door and window that says "Do not accept if seal is broken"!
OTOH, I suppose I could demand 3 more webcams are put up, we already have one that is accessible on the internet that looks out onto the drive. I can provide an address if anyone needs it. What I would like is 3 more cheapies in the living room, and 2 in the hall (one up, one downstairs).
Oh and it takes place on the 31st January 2005
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 12:02 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I did wonder when it was. Take everything you can with you, and lock everything else up.
Good luck.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 2:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Maybe you could leave the dogs in the bedrooms to make sure the kids behave.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 2:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sound some like some off-site backup processes are in order.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 1:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thank you everyone for your advice, the party has been and gone, but there were a few hiccups, which is all I got out of my sister (She didn't sleep at all and she still has left a mess in the house).

She went to bed at around 3pm(!) and I woke her up at 6pm, as I wrote this, she is downstairs talking to my mum. I didn't talk to her about the party, because she is soo whacked(!). The hiccups soo far:
- Broken Greenhouse (Another few panes broken to compliment the half destroyed greenhouse)
- Broken mop bucket!! (Of all the things).
But she did leave the house in semi-reasonable state. I managed to lock my room at keep Tanya (my sister) and her friends out, we did figure out a awy, but I won't use the lock that often.
One thing that struck me is that when I came in, there was a distinct smell of smoke, that the house reeks of, my parents no longer smoke and have not done for 20 years or more, I never smoked, my sister has, but she has only smoked about 2-3 fags in her lifetime. (peer pressure - Something I seem to be more resilient to).

Atleast everything and everyone is safe, we did tap into the webcam, but 3 of the parcipitants left, because of the greenhouse.

Ofcouse, my sister thinks everyone is her friend now! She always thinks that, whereas I learn that people can play along, then stab you in the back after everything you have done for them, quite simply because they decieve you, or well thats my fears. (Hence why what I term as friends can only be counted on near enough one hand, the rest I call allies.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 5:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Wessex_nut - 2006-01-01 10:21 AM

One thing that struck me is that when I came in, there was a distinct smell of smoke, that the house reeks of, my parents no longer smoke and have not done for 20 years or more, I never smoked, my sister has, but she has only smoked about 2-3 fags in her lifetime. (peer pressure - Something I seem to be more resilient to)

Well, if all they smoked were cigarettes, that's one thing that could have been a lot worse.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10