x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WinWatch: menus and windows for PPC software on HPC

1 2 3 4
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 3:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Elias Zacarias (ShadowMaster) is working in a software to solve some problems of PPC sotware on HPC.

WinWatch is the name of this utility for HPC2000(ARM,MIPS).
Basically this utility move windows and fixed menus inside the screen of the HPC.
It solve the problems to find the exact ayghsell because WinWath force menus and windows.
Elias is working to add more features. Try it with Acrobat reader for example, menus appears. The utility can be minimize and show a icon tray.

He contacted at Zona Handheld forum but now he upload this utility at his new english site:
http://www.damnsoft.org/

Enjoy it

Top of the page
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 1:24 PM
#
I've updated WinWatch (current version: 0.999 [MoreThan Evil Release]).
download at http://www.damnsoft.org/

MIPS version is still untested. I'm waiting for reports
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 2:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ShadowMaster - 2005-09-25 7:24 PM

I've updated WinWatch (current version: 0.999 [MoreThan Evil Release]).
download at http://www.damnsoft.org/

MIPS version is still untested. I'm waiting for reports

mhm, i've tried it on a jornada 728. i think this version is far better than the first one, that could fix only acrobat reader and nothing else i tried. this one fixed destinator's menus as well after some trying. no luck with netfront's settings.
can i ask if there will be a version that allows move mode without resizing? i mean, i could move the whole window, no need to resize, and this way i could access everything!

thanks, and keep up the good work! excellent app!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 3:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I said to myself, why would he go from version .333 to version .999 and the answer is clear. Much much better. Fantastic.

Version .333 didn't do much of anything on my Mobilepro 900C. Didn't work as it should at all. It moved the tiny useless window around on my screen, but didn't resize it at all.

Then I installed the new version. Here is what happens when I run a pocketpc chess program called Pocket Grandmaster:

1. Picture 1: I used the tools menu and selected the "Levels" option. As you can see, the typical useless little window that I cannot access.

2. Picture 2: I run the new WinWatch and set some options

3. Picture 3: Hitting Win-F still does exactly as version .333 did, not much good at all.

4. Picture 4: Hitting Win-C though opens the window up full size. Now this is something I can work with. By the way, hitting Win-scroll keys moves the full size window around now any direction I want.

Kudos and congratulations. Great and useful piece of software.

Rich

(pic1.jpg)

(pic2.jpg)

(pic3.jpg)

(pic4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pic1.jpg (25KB - 18 downloads)
Attachments pic2.jpg (43KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments pic3.jpg (26KB - 19 downloads)
Attachments pic4.jpg (21KB - 13 downloads)
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2005-09-25 2:56 PM

mhm, i've tried it on a jornada 728. i think this version is far better than the first one, that could fix only acrobat reader and nothing else i tried. this one fixed destinator's menus as well after some trying. no luck with netfront's settings.
can i ask if there will be a version that allows move mode without resizing? i mean, i could move the whole window, no need to resize, and this way i could access everything!

thanks, and keep up the good work! excellent app!

Thanks for your comments.
Try unchecking the "fix size" check box before pressing Win+F, or don't press Win+F at all, just use Win+[arrows].
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 4:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The new version is fabulous.
Try for example with Mopiphant client. This PPC software(240x320) dont show the Connect button because the HPC is limited to 240 for height. With Winwatch now I move the entire window and can use the Connect Button. Now we dont need NYDITOT in programs that use the Microsoft Windows.

A good work.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2005-09-25 9:10 PM

Then I installed the new version. Here is what happens when I run a pocketpc chess program called Pocket Grandmaster

hahaha yes typical ce.net 4.2 aygshell problem.
it can be solved with a little hexediting, but surely using winwatch is easier and it will show the lower part as well.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ShadowMaster - 2005-09-25 10:03 PM

Try unchecking the "fix size" check box before pressing Win+F, or don't press Win+F at all, just use Win+[arrows].

thanks for the idea
well, still no go with netfront "browser settings". it still won't bring up the lower part of the menu, it'll always get cut off even without using Win+F and with move mode.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 7:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2005-09-25 6:30 PM

ShadowMaster - 2005-09-25 10:03 PM

thanks for the idea
well, still no go with netfront "browser settings". it still won't bring up the lower part of the menu, it'll always get cut off even without using Win+F and with move mode.

Try using Win+C. Win+C actually attempt to resize a window so all the content of the window will be visible (you'll probably end up with a window bigger than your screen) then use Win+[arrows] to scroll the window.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 7:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ShadowMaster - 2005-09-26 1:05 AM

Try using Win+C. Win+C actually attempt to resize a window so all the content of the window will be visible (you'll probably end up with a window bigger than your screen) then use Win+[arrows] to scroll the window.

yeh i tried that. as i already said destinator works beautifully with this method, the cut off part of menu will be restored perfectly. but netfront doesn't work with this.
have you tried netfront yet?
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Don't worry, I'll fix your problem . Seems like it's kind of tricky to correctly compute the right size for some specific windows with certain controls. If I fail figuring out the way to correctly calculate them, at least I'll add a "resize to a fixed size" option.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 11:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh that would be nice if you were able to do something about it!
do you have netfront? you can download it from my site for testing (izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php)
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 10:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well, new version
as usual, available at http://www.damnsoft.org

What's new:
Win+C hotkey replaced with Win+X (Win+C is a hotkey used by Windows to quiclky load the Config. Panel)

Shift+[Arrows] allow you to manually resize the active window. You can disable/enable this hotkeys whenever you want since you may want to use them normally instead of as resize controls.

And the last change....... I remade the "fit-to-content" code and added a "tab control post-processing" feature (cmonex: this fix the Netfront problem ) . It just take care of resizing the typical tab-strip control in a window so it fit the new window size when pressing Win+X.
You can however disable this "post processing" if it causes problems with some software.

Notice that you can also improve the behaviour of your applications by trying different aygshells and dll combinations.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcomed.
Enjoy the new version
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 6:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not sure I like this newer version better or not. It does a couple of strange things .333 didn't do. But it does some things .333 didn't do at all...

I know, I'll keep both of them on my unit!

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 8:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ShadowMaster - 2005-09-27 4:22 AM

Well, new version
as usual, available at http://www.damnsoft.org

Notice that you can also improve the behaviour of your applications by trying different aygshells and dll combinations.

WOW, i'm going to try it soon! can't wait!

yeah aygshell, if you want to get a ppc program running on your hpc, the 3 kbyte one isn't worth anything... 16 (or sometimes 9) is the best did you mean this, or something else?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 30