x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WinWatch: menus and windows for PPC software on HPC

1 2 3 4
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2005-09-27 6:45 AM

Not sure I like this newer version better or not. It does a couple of strange things .333 didn't do. But it does some things .333 didn't do at all...

I know, I'll keep both of them on my unit!

Rich

Yeah, it behaves a bit odd with some windows. Different size-calculation algorithms. Maybe I'll include both (v.999 and v1.234) methods in next version .
I have a very cool feature in mind for a next release
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ShadowMaster - 2005-09-27 6:49 PM

Yeah, it behaves a bit odd with some windows. Different size-calculation algorithms. Maybe I'll include both (v.999 and v1.234) methods in next version .

that would be a good idea!!
 Top of the page
nevalabs Page Icon Posted 2005-10-01 11:56 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

First of all, thanks to ShadowMaster for doing this great app!!

I'm trying to use it with the Sandisk ConnectPlus (CF128+WiFi) card application.

When using Windows+Up , I can see the bottom of the window for a very brief moment, than it goes back to the original position.

What should I do to make WinWatch stay at that position ?!

Thanks,
Claudio Neves

Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 3:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

A new version released, as always at http://www.damnsoft.org
Instead of putting the two algorithms for window size calculation used on previous versions I actually came out with a single method that seems to work pretty well with most windows. I hope it behave better than previous versions on all the programs it was previously proven useful.

I really hope reports of applications where it does work.... and where it doesn't....

About your problem Claudio, seems like the application is forcing the window to stay at a given position, against that there's nothing Winwatch can do.... It should stay still once scrolled... if it doesn't, then the application is pulling the window to its original location.

Top of the page
BobBaleia
BobBaleia Page Icon Posted 2005-10-03 9:34 PM
#
I solved the visualization problems of some apps by editing the dialog windows. I tested it with Meditech's Diagnosis Pro and it's running pretty well in my J720. I can now see all the buttons and menus. If anyone is interested in help me, we can develop better interfaces of some apps to test. Contact me at bobbaleia@hotmail.com.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-04 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ive sent you an email
 Top of the page
BobBaleia
BobBaleia Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 12:19 AM
#
I answered. Whath do you think about? I will try with other apps now.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

A few suggestions for future versions:

Allow users to remap the default keyboard mappings. This would be especially useful for devices that lack hardware keyboards.

Perhaps a "control wrap" option that moves offscreen controls to the right of controls that are not already visible. FK's ( http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/ ) aygshell already implements this, but compared to Dic's aygshell, its application compatability is not so good.

Remember these are just suggestions.

Edited by TFGBD 2005-10-06 5:07 PM
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 9:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nice suggestions Thanks.
If everything goes ok, you'll see them on next version
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-06 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

BobBaleia - 2005-10-06 6:19 AM

I answered. Whath do you think about? I will try with other apps now.

thanks for the reply... sounds nice i'll see if i can manage this what other apps are you planning?
 Top of the page
BobBaleia
BobBaleia Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 9:03 AM
#
I'll send you some screenshots of redesigned apps in my 720. I'm searching now for more apps with editable resources.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-11 9:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

cool. thanks for the screenshots in advance.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 6:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've just noticed that, when using Win+X, the underlying screen that becomes exposed remains inaccessible by stylus. In the screen captured below, tapping desktop icons or moving the stylus there does not do anything on the desktop screen, but instead moves the virtual Rubik's Cube in the image, just as happens when the stylus is moved within the screen of the app itself. In other words, rather than actually "cutting off" part of the app screen, it makes it transparent. Maybe this is a crazy idea, but it'd be cool if windows could be fully cut and then moved on the screen, allowing one to look at two (maybe even three) apps at once and even switch between them while still seeing what's going on in each. Is there any way that this could be possible, ShadowMaster? (I hope I don't sound too demanding - I'm really just curious. It's a great and very useful tool as it is.)

(CAPT0004.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CAPT0004.gif (11KB - 11 downloads)
 Top of the page
gcraenen Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 6:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

This looks good. I didn't know that pocket grandmaster could be run on the J 720. I have been trying to run Pocket Fritz 2 on the 720. I installs but when I try to run I get a fatal application error:

Application PocketFritz.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Program: PocketFritz.exe
Execption: 0xc0000005
Address: 00d0f2ac

Can anyone help me with this? I'm just starting to use the J720 and don't know all the nuts and bolts already.

Greetings,

Guido
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 8:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

try to check the application with executabilitycheck, you can download it from my site for example. just copy it in ram on the jornada 720, run it and select the program exe you want to run (in this case pocket fritz 2). let us know what execheck said about it.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13