x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WinWatch: menus and windows for PPC software on HPC

1 2 3 4
gcraenen Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 11:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just finished hacking the file It was hanging on the wrong versions of aygshell, mfcce300(1) and also cellcore. I've got it running now, but the screen is all messed up I can see the taskbar and use it (below in the Jornada screen). But the chessboard has to moved by hand to see it (I'm using Winwatch v2.0 for this but that doesn't really work nicely) and displays only partly.

So I guess I'm halfway home. Any suggestions about cleaning up and resizing the graphical display so it can be used? Could vitual display from Nyditot be a solution for this?

Greetz

Guido
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 2:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

congrats on your first successful hack don't worry you'll have greater success at other apps.
anyway, did you try using older versions of winwatch? they worked in another way..
nyditot could help, yes, try their trial.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-13 3:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have Pocket Fritz 2 as well, but I'm having menu problems with it. (I brought this up on another thread.) The board is huge - so big that only half of it can be seen on the screen at a time. Is there a way to adjust the size of the board? (BTW, watch out trying to exit. There seems to be a bug there. It freezes up the device if you try to exit directly. This happens on my Pocket PC when I tap "Exit," and on my MP790 when I Alt+Tap on the application button on the taskbar. Only using Task Manager [Alt+Tap on a blank area of the desktop] avoids this problem.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-13 10:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-13 9:58 AM

I have Pocket Fritz 2 as well, but I'm having menu problems with it. (I brought this up on another thread.) The board is huge - so big that only half of it can be seen on the screen at a time. Is there a way to adjust the size of the board?

hmm, maybe it thinks your hpc is a vga ppc styletap is exactly like this.
no idea what to do about it, except nyditot.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 4:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I doubt it. It fits the screen nicely on my QVGA Dell Axim X5. (I should also note at this point that the short opening tune that Pocket Fritz 2 plays when the app starts is much slower on the 790 than on the Axim. Another little quirk, though really more amusing than annoying.)

(250th post!)
 Top of the page
gcraenen Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 8:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've been trying to use Nyditot Virtual Display v 4.23 (installed the trial version) but that doesn't work on my Jornada 720. It hangs and I have to hard reset the device. Fortunately I backed it up first, but this was not something I would like to repeat (I use the Jornada also businesslike and store my information on it).

Too bad. I would have liked to use Pocket Fritz 2 on it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 8:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-14 10:19 AM

I doubt it. It fits the screen nicely on my QVGA Dell Axim X5. (I should also note at this point that the short opening tune that Pocket Fritz 2 plays when the app starts is much slower on the 790 than on the Axim. Another little quirk, though really more amusing than annoying.)

of course it runs fine in qvga, as it must support qvga if it's a pocketpc app
it just thinks hvga is vga, so that's why you have this problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

gcraenen - 2005-12-14 2:19 PM

I've been trying to use Nyditot Virtual Display v 4.23 (installed the trial version) but that doesn't work on my Jornada 720. It hangs and I have to hard reset the device. Fortunately I backed it up first, but this was not something I would like to repeat (I use the Jornada also businesslike and store my information on it).

try version 3.22, that works fine on my jornada 720 and 728! i have never had to reset with it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-15 2:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2005-12-14 5:36 AM

CE Geek - 2005-12-14 10:19 AM

of course it runs fine in qvga, as it must support qvga if it's a pocketpc app
it just thinks hvga is vga, so that's why you have this problem.

Ah, I get it. Thanx for setting me straight. That means just what I thought - it should fit nicely on the 6651 screen. (Now all I gotta do is find one that this po' boy can afford - and then solve the menu problem. [Or maybe, with any luck, it won't even be a problem on the larger screen.])
 Top of the page
gcraenen Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 6:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2005-12-14 2:41 PM

gcraenen - 2005-12-14 2:19 PM

try version 3.22, that works fine on my jornada 720 and 728! i have never had to reset with it.

Hmm, does it need tweaked dll's or something? After installing it and trying to start it keeps telling me that it can't find the program and if the path is ok and required libraries are available. I've tried installing in main memory and CF-card with the same anouncement.

Strange, it should work from the install, according to the website of Nyditot.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

gcraenen - 2005-12-18 12:58 PM

Hmm, does it need tweaked dll's or something? After installing it and trying to start it keeps telling me that it can't find the program and if the path is ok and required libraries are available. I've tried installing in main memory and CF-card with the same anouncement.

Strange, it should work from the install, according to the website of Nyditot.

is this the 3.22 version? i have no idea... you can try checking if you have TOOLHELP.DLL in your windows folder on your j720. (it should have it but who knows)

oh and you must install it in ram...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 3:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-15 8:40 AM

Ah, I get it. Thanx for setting me straight. That means just what I thought - it should fit nicely on the 6651 screen. (Now all I gotta do is find one that this po' boy can afford - and then solve the menu problem. [Or maybe, with any luck, it won't even be a problem on the larger screen.])

yeah it should work fine on the 6651... well i'm just waiting for mine to arrive as i was willign to pay more for it as originally planned that was still just the starting price (on ebay) but no one else bid on it
btw on the sig3 ppc apps indeed have no problem with invisible menus...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 4:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's encouraging to know. I saw that 6651 on eBay (along with another one) but the starting price was just not doable for me right now - I'm already deep in credit card debt, and I just had to replace the notebook PC I bragged so much about.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, hope it will work out well.... don't sell your hpc's in any case...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 12:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, it's not that bad. I just have lots more credit card debt than I'd like. I've been helping out a friend who was temporarily out of work. (She's doing a lot better now. Fortunately, I have home equity to borrow on. Just wish I didn't have to.) Anyway, my H/PCs will never be for sale - unless perhaps they become valuable collectors' items when the H/PC form factor makes a comeback.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9