x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J 720 > Screen is dark ???? Need help

Nomi
Nomi Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 9:06 PM
#
hi,
i had Jornada on my table for about six months , not used at all.
today i charged battery and changed back up battery as well

but when i press ON/ff button > screen lights up NORMAL FOR A SECOND and then gets dark but still i can see faint home page by changing position of J720.

J720 was never exposed to sunlight only room has AIR-Condition working for six months.
how can i bring up normal screen ligting. all settings in light and contrast adjustment are fine.
May be this is due to moisture in room in Summer season.
I NEED HELP TO SEE J720 in Normal screen.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Have you tried another soft or hard reset? I seem to remember a time that that same thing happened to me after a month of not touching the 680, I did a hard reset after the original hard reset and it powered up fine. I hope you backed up your files.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 9:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

don't worry, it is definitely the contrast. at least i had the *exact* same problem with a velo 1 before finding out this trivial cause i'm mentioning it only because it was absolutely the same problem as you describe yours.
try to change the contrast settings with the hotkey combinations on the keyboard. you sure they're correct?
or do a hardreset as Yoldering suggests, that should restore the original (and correct) contrast settings. or not... it didn't in the case of the velo 1 but the settings are software based with the jornada 720, not hardware as with the velo 1...
 Top of the page
Nomi
Nomi Page Icon Posted 2005-09-23 10:37 PM
#
thanks to all,
i performed hard set and evrything is ok
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-09-24 12:03 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Aw, I was going to say: Ooh ooh replace the backlight with leds just because!

-So my powerbook duo had the same problem, but the contrast was too high instead. Its always a software bug for contrast I guess... (Though the contrast button is ON THE SCREEN!)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8