x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I need help What does this mean

1 2
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-24 9:18 PM
#
ok i got a wireless driver and i put the card in it asked for the driver i gave it the driver and then it came up with

TITLED:Install Driver

roamaboutnpID cabletron-roamabout_802_DS-BD50 Regpath RMABT46.dll RegSize 256

What do I do exactly what do i do I can only hit ok and then after that what do I do.

I have the Enteraysy Roam about pc card.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-24 9:21 PM
#
roamabout: pnpID cabletron-roamabout_802_DS-BD50 Regpath RMABT46.dll RegSize 256

ther is is with out the emotion
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-24 11:56 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

What HPC do you have? Where did you get the driver? The HCL? if you have the HP 680 or the NEC 780 that driver should work.

Edited by Yoldering 2005-09-25 12:00 AM
 Top of the page
thescrensavers
thescrensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 12:40 AM
#
i have the 680e i just hit ok but no lightes apper on the card and it doesnot appper in the system in control panal
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Did you get the driver off of this site, the Enterasys site, or somewhere else? Here is a link to the PDF file, try and follow the directions for install. http://www.enterasys.com/support/relnotes/rn_8067-01.pdf
Sounds like you may have the wrong driver. The Roamabout works very well with the 680/e, you have to install it through Sync though.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 1:48 AM
#
I have worked no stop fro 12 hours I could nto get it working ihave reintalled and installed rest any thing they are corect drivers of enterasys website for this pc card

what happens it that after i install the drivers and have done a soft reset. I put the card in and it askes for the driver name. If id put it in corctly if ihavent already the lighes dont go on on the card and the wireless utilaty on the 680e says error-no driver?
do u have like AIM or MSN so that we can talk better and in a less period of time.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 2:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes thast is me above I had not time to sgin in.....

ok let me start over and tell you what is happening and what i did.

I got the driver from enterasys website for the roam about PC card

then I installed it thru active sync

then whe it was completead I did a soft reset

then I put the card in

then a diolag box came up saying" Whats the name of your driver" or somthing close to that. and so I ttyped in the driver that I read in the hardware compatability list witch was WLRBT46 and also what C:Amie said i put it in and hit ok. Then it goes away i soft reset
and then I put the card in again now it did not say unidentified card. So i got to the utilaty and it says error-no driver. I go to Control>system>divice and both slots are emty blank.And no light come up on the Wireless card.

PS: I dont know if this has to do with any thing but i have Windows XP pro 64bit edition

I will try it on one of my 32bit computers to see or you tell me if that wont effect anything. OR WILL IT BE A SHOCKING DISCOVERY AFTER 12 !%$ WORK THAT IT ONLY FUNCTION PROPERLY ON A 32BIT COMP.

For now Thanks In advance

My AIM SN: Deathredsky22 . I am on almost all day on weekends week days after 4 pm est.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 8:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry to hear that it isn't working out for you.
For what it's worth, I added the driver name to the HCL after posting it to you, I had to research it first.

Your initial error in the first post just seems to be telling you that it has successfully installed the driver moudle and complete registration....

First steps would be to eliminate the card itself - ensure that it's a 16-bit card, ensure that it works A-OK in another system - and then to eliminate the PCMCIA slot - any other PC Card will do the trick.

Is the driver listed for download through the HCL the same one that you are using on your device? If not, please try the one in the HCL - it's in there for a reason.

I can also see from installing my roamabout driver that it is setup to register
Lucent_Technologies-WaveLAN/IEEE-C908
Lucent_Technologies-WaveLAN/IEEE-364C
ENTERASYS-ROAMABOUT_802.11_DS-FE9B
CABLETRON-ROAMABOUT_802.11_DS-1B09

Where as your driver load offered us
cabletron-roamabout_802_DS-BD50

Conversely, my driver is requesting WLRBT46.dll, where as your one is requesting RMABT46.dll.

I'll put my neck on the line and say that your driver is different from my one in the HCL.

Control Panel > system > divice is unreliable at best, it draws on a registry string that not all drivers actually write (though I can confirm that my driver does write it). So as a benchmark on whether something works or not, I'd ignore it.

FYI here, all Windows CE devices are 32-bit. It's just that the PC Card controller only takes devices with 16-bit wide bus's - which is where the confusion's come from.
So long as your 64-bit host system is an AMD64 or an EM64T processor then there's no problem here at all.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 9:41 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have found that the drivers on the Enterasys site to not be reliable and are hard to find. Sorry I did not get back to you last night, but I had to sleep. Try what C:amie said. I also do not do a soft reset until after the card is installed. The screen will ask you to check your device for any further instructions. I am about to install the card on my new 790.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried the 4.0 windo ce driver becuse the 6.28 driver was not working so then i got to that screen

TITLED:Install Driver

roamaboutnpID cabletron-roamabout_802_DS-BD50 Regpath RMABT46.dll RegSize 256

I hit ok then what do i do? but i'll try the 6.28 again
 Top of the page
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 11:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2005-09-25 8:11 AM

First steps would be to eliminate the card itself - ensure that it's a 16-bit card, ensure that it works A-OK in another system - and then to eliminate the PCMCIA slot - any other PC Card will do the trick. .

How can i check if it is 16 bit card. And i have another card but how do I know if the PCMIA its not or is working?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 11:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it's a card with CE drivers, install them and see if it works OK.

I'd recommend you try the HCL drivers though, may save you the time on this.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Installation
The handheld PC (H/PC) Windows CE devices are used in combination with another computer running Windows CE Services, ActiveSync, to transfer data between the desktop computer and the HPC device.

To install the RoamAbout driver on your handheld device, perform the following:

If you have a previous version of the Windows CE driver installed, you must uninstall it before installing the new version. Refer to the Uninstall section in this document.

Copy the following file to a directory on your desktop computer that is running the Windows CE Service:
If using Windows CE V2.11, copy RmabtCE211.exe.
If using Windows CE V3.00, copy RmabtCE300.exe.
If using a Pocket PC, copy RmabtCEppc.exe.

Double-click on the .exe file to extract the driver files to a selected temporary directory.

Connect the serial cable or docking device of your handheld device to the computer that you are using to install the software.

Run the RoamAbout executable file on the computer where you extracted the files to transfer the files to your handheld computer:

I dumped the driver on my Jornada 680, and reloaded the driver from the HCL it works fine. Just to make sure you have the link here it is. http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/ if it does not work it may be the card.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 1:02 PM
#
is there any way we can talk to each othr through AIM b/c I hate having to wait 0-200min to get a responce that may be in correct or not enogh info to go on.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 1:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You've enver spoken to me on IM clearly....

As far as I'm personally concerned the answer is no. I don't provide one on one tech support.
It's here or nothing.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12