x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I need help What does this mean

1 2
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 2:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

well i dont know what to do any more.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

sorry, I don't use IM at all. I may have missed it, but did you use the driver in the HCL? All you have to do is download it, snyc it, install it from youe sync folder, insert the card, and load it. Now that may seen a little over simplified but just follow the steps, and don't insert the card until after you install the driver. Then do a soft reset. Hope that helps
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 4:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you done any of what we've suggested?
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 5:07 PM
#
I have done what you said over and over i donloaded the right drivers and every thing I have another wirless card but it is a linksys with the gold plate on top that pcmia its the card with speed boster so whe i put it in the 680e it dose not recognize it. and nothing pops up on the screen and no lighes go on in the card. I dont have my laptop b/c it is in reapir. toomaroow I can put it in my friends laptop. I will see if it get recognized by windows xp and the lighes power on.

I asked for AIM or some way to contact you both faster so I dont have to wait a wile to get to the next step. If the card is defective I will get a new one and then we will see. B/c I dont undersatnd It askes for a driver name i put it in it dissapers and when i put the card in it does nto show up any more saying that its unidentified its the utilaty that says error-no driver. and no lighes go on on the card.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 5:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ones with a gold plate at the top end where the pins go are 32-bit and will not work, period.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 5:32 PM
#
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Do you have the CE2.11 patch? If not, you need it. http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/ce211/default.asp or
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/ce20/sp-net/
You may need that before the card will work. I am sorry No extra help. I can't figure it out.

Edited by Yoldering 2005-09-25 6:41 PM
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 6:45 PM
#
I dont know why but it says it is supose to chage to 3.00 to 3.01 mine is still 3.00 after the update look at the pic. I did do a soft rest after instalation was complaet.
IS is sopose to tell me its complete or it jsut dissapers when it dissapered and then i rest it.

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/5955/picture2106nw.jpg

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

don't worry, the system screen won't change after successfully installing the update.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

well then how would i know that it installed sucsesfully. if it did it is still noit working
 Top of the page
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 4:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ya the card is broken. so i will get a new one
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I am glad you figured out the card did not work. I was scratching my head wondering why it did not install. Sorry no IM, usually you will get a lot of responses if what the first person says doesn’t help.
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 10:46 PM
#
well hopefully I'll pop the card in and it will all work as easy as install and insert and enjoy.hopefully fingers crossed new one comeing thursday
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 11:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If the problem is the installation......
Once installed the driver you cant not install the same or another driver again because is registered at registry.
When a user install a driver, write the driver in the window required , the driver is registered at registry system.
To install a new or the same driver you need to do a hard reset or edit manually the registry system. I you dont do this the new driver never will work because the registry is writed with another driver.

if the problem is the driver.......
If you are sure the card is compatible with wince 2.11 you can test with other wince 2.11 driver.
Normally there are two standard drivers. 50% of the wince 2.11 drivers works with some cards and the others 50% works with and other wince 2.11 drivers. I dont remmember the name of this standards now. I tested it with several drivers on my old HP680.

Edited by hpcpro 2005-09-28 11:24 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13