x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bsquare PHH US GSM

Gmanzorz
Gmanzorz Page Icon Posted 2005-09-25 11:09 PM
#
Hi I recently acquired a Power Handheld but can't seem to get service over here in the US using my cingular SIM, anyone know of a hack to get this to work. Phone is supposed to be dual band so should work...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 12:10 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i might easily be wrong but don't you need tri band if you want to use it in the US as well?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 5:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex is absolutely right. Dual-band means it works on two frequency bands. The two frequency bands in Europe are the same as those in Asia, but are different from the bands in the Americas. Since the PHH was marketed in Europe, it would only support the two frequency bands in Europe.

A tri-band device would support the two local bands, plus the higher band from the other region, so it would work with at least that band when you travel. I personally got my cellphone from Asia, and it had to be tri-band.

There are now quad-band phones too, which obviously would support both bands in both regions
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8