x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 780 + D-Link DCF-650W How Do I Make Them Work?

cjw3cma
cjw3cma Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 2:02 AM
#
I just finished two (2) hours of searching for information on how to get these two devices working but can't find anything. I downloaded the D-Link driver from their support page but when I go to install it it says that the device is not supported.

What do I need to do to get the D-Link DCF-650W to work with the NEC 780? HELP.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 8:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i think it should work with the intersil prism reference driver for hpc pro. go to support (http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/) and look for the relevant article, read through it and download the driver...
 Top of the page
cjw3cma
cjw3cma Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 2:40 PM
#
D-Link DCF-650W is the compactflash wireless card. I downloaded the driver but the card would not be recognized. Others have stated that they can make this combination work so what gives?
 Top of the page
cjw3cma
cjw3cma Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 3:02 PM
#
Clarification -

I downloaded and istalled driver ISL3PRDSUIT-EXE_WINCE211(1-3-37).exe with the D-Link DCF-650W card inserted into the NEC780 (NOTE: when I insert the card a screen comes up and says: Unidentified PCCard Adapter Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard: Driver Name. What do I do here? Anything? I do not know the name of the driver. I have tried PRISM / D-Link / ISL3PRDSUIT - nothing takes.

I'm stumped as to what to do to get these two devices operational? More help please.

Thanks.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 5:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cjw3cma - 2005-09-26 9:02 PM

I downloaded and istalled driver ISL3PRDSUIT-EXE_WINCE211(1-3-37).exe with the D-Link DCF-650W card inserted into the NEC780 (NOTE: when I insert the card a screen comes up and says: Unidentified PCCard Adapter Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard: Driver Name. What do I do here? Anything? I do not know the name of the driver. I have tried PRISM / D-Link / ISL3PRDSUIT - nothing takes.

i think it is mentioned in the support article, anyway try PRISMNDS
 Top of the page
cjw3cma
cjw3cma Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 6:14 PM
#
Thank you for the driver name - it was accepted but then my NEC780 just seemed to freeze up. I had to do a hard reset and will try again. What in the world is casuing these "situations"? I've been building systems for over 20 years and this NEC780 is causing me more headaches than anything.

Just venting.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm. try to download drivers (mainly from the HCL) and experiment.
the cards that should be compatible with the d-link are for example: belkin, buffalo, hawking, linksys, netgear, senao. they are based on "standard" prism chipsets. all drivers are in the HCL except linksys, have a search on the forum on the linksys drivers. of course you need the hpc pro MIPS versions

if you're not sure about which driver name you'll need to enter then, look in the cab file with a PC file manager or winrar, etc.. and find the file name ending with NDS. that'll be the name of the driver if it's there

it isn't difficult or a mystery, believe me, you just need to find information (good tip: find the linux wlan card list, it lists a LOT of cards and tells you what the chipset is for a certain card) and then the right driver for your 780

well and don't forget to properly uninstall the non working drivers. you might need to go into HKLM/drivers/pcmcia with a registry editor (PHM regeditor for example), and delete the relevant key (you'll see easily which key is that).

edit: oh i just found the largest wlan chipset list again, http://www.wifi.com.ar/doc/wifi/wlan_adapters.html
got to love linux guys

Edited by cmonex 2005-09-27 7:08 PM
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 10:42 PM
#
I have the DCF-650W, I would recommend reading my post:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2011&posts=40

I used the WCF11 driver and it was wonderful.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-28 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

an interesting wlan article for you all.. explains some stuff nicely

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.802.11b.html
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11