x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Installed textmaker - Word conversions now fail

RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 4:30 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Recently installed Textmaker on my Intermec 6651. I did not switch on any of the 'use textmaker as default' options - as I intended to continue using Pocket Word as my default WP.<br /><br />Since the installation, when I synchronise it refuses to synchronise any 'new' (or changed) word files - either from MS Word to .PWD or vice versa. On clicking 'Resolve items' it gives a message: 'Cannot convert [FileName]. This converter requires a more recent MSConvv97.dll'.<br /><br />Contacted Textmaker Help desk and they repliedĀ  'we don't change pwd files, so we don't know for sure why you cannot synchronize anymore. Another tip: Try to update ActiveSync. Sometimes there are bugs Microsoft fixed'. <br /><br />The latter I've already done, with no change in the problem. Also, I tried uninstalling Textmaker, again, no change. Can anyone advise? I'm pretty sure the problem was triggered by the Textmaker installation as till then I'd been synchronising without problem.<br /><br />RJ<br /><br />
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 6:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

File conversion is handled by Activesync.

Go to AS and click on options and then the rules tab and down on the bottom click on the conversion settings button.

Make sure the convert files when synchronized, copied, or moved options is checked.

Now you can go the the desktop to device and visa versa settings and check your individual progrqams. Everything is based on the file extensions.

Ideally, you will have pocket word documents converted to word files when going from your hpc to your desktop into word format.

Ideally, you save our documents in Textmaker to the word format already so no conversion is necessary.

Ideally, documents sent from the desktop are converted to pocket word so you can open them with either of the editors.

Rich
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 4:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks. Did this - ie: have ensured Device .PWDs are converting to .DOC and Desktop .DOCs are converting to .PWDs<br /><br />Then, to be sure there was no 'carryover', I deleted all the existing files I was having problems with & created one new file each on the HPC and Desktop then tried to sync. <br /><br />Device to Desktop syncs okay<br />Desktop to Handheld Device still gives 'Cannot convert file __. This converter requires a more recent msconv97.dll<br /><br />I then re-checked the conversions settings to ensure they're still okay & they are. And double/treble checked I'd done it the right way round, Desktop .DOCs --> .PWDs! And as this still failed, I rebooted the PC & reset the HPC. Still can't convert from desktop. This I guess is not a major problem as in general I am writing stuff on the HPC; still it would be good to solve the glitch. <br /><br />Any more thoughts welcome! <br />
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-09-27 6:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Take your desktop file and save it on your desktop in a different format, say Word95 and then attempt to sych the file over...

Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9