x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

LG Handheld "Phenom" H-220C Pro.

Mister Dee
Mister Dee Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 6:21 AM
#
Can anyone out there help ?
I work for a national charity and we have had donated the above item.
It comes in a rather spledid Targus fitted case with velcro panels and pockets for cables, adapter, etc.
Tried plugging it in and fine on AC adapter. Remove this - nothing. Have now tried ( following the Handbook instructions) charging the Lithium cells. - no joy.

Is this likely to be just a duff battery ? are they expensive to find ( compatibles /) and if I did all this, what would be the likely value to a new user ( probably student or younger person.)- for we are pproposing to enter it into one of our charity Auctions. Any idea on value.

Any help or guidance an "expert" on this model can offer, would be greatly appreciated.
It reall y
is in nice condition and seems fully operative and responsive in all functions on
AC power. Shame to throw it in the skip if it can be given anew lease of life without too high a cost.

Over to you.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 7:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi, welcome to HPC:Factor

AS it's a Li cell, and the charge circuit has locked on the battery chip. You need to consider the battery a write off. Attempting to unlock the Li charge circuit is exceptionally dangerous as the cells destabalise if allowed to discharge too much. There's scientifically more to in, but that's it in a nut shell.

You have two options. One, source a new battery - which may be easier said than done. There may be some here who have a source, batteries for less may be a starting place. You are also welcome to place a REQ on the hpcBay.

your second options will be to recisntruct the cell. You do this by opening the battery casing, throwing away the locked cells and replacing them with equal or better Li cells (of the same type). To do this you need to be confident with electrical engineering and pulling the cells apart - Safely!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 8:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Mister Dee - 2005-09-26 12:21 PM

what would be the likely value to a new user ( probably student or younger person.)- for we are pproposing to enter it into one of our charity Auctions. Any idea on value.

this model is selling for around 40-80$ on ebay, depending on condition, accessories etc.
 Top of the page
Mister-Dee
Mister-Dee Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 5:19 PM
#
Thanks to all for prompt response to my queries.

It would seem that the item deserves a new battery and it will be offered
with this information.

Again my thanks.

Mister-Dee.
 Top of the page
ippon
ippon Page Icon Posted 2005-09-26 5:28 PM
#
i don't know where you are located, but in toronto canada, there is a store called, 'battery plus'- it's owned by circuit city-, that rebuilds batteries.
i've never used there services, so i couldn't comment on the quality, but if you feel uncomfortable about opening the battery yourself, there will be stores like battery plus that will do it for you.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11