x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ok got my wireless to work finally!!! now a new problem :)

thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 5:25 PM
#
OK i finaly got the wireless to work and every tih ok now lets say just surfing the web it will say like :the parameter is incorect" or on google the image of google is messed up and has red lines goign thru it. also the web browser is slow and frezzes.

so can you help me.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 5:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome to HPC Pro.
If images are breaking while drawing (turning blue) uninstall SP1's system update.

the parameter is incorect - the error this board gives you we have been unable to track down as we can't get debug from it.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 5:32 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Also CE 2.11 will need this list of sites. A lot better...
http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/favourites/ Made for a mobile device.

Edited by Yoldering 2005-09-29 5:36 PM
 Top of the page
thescreensavers
thescreensavers Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 5:42 PM
#
I need to know how to fix it the images to load well i will try the sp1 uninstall

and the browser lags
and frezes
and the erorr was not
on this site
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 5:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The error is something to do with server side variable passing when it chats to the browser over HTTP1. You'll not just see it here, but in a lot of sites that are using similar procedures to us.

It's a pain, mainly because 2.11 offers no way for us to track down the error.
 Top of the page
Theodosus Page Icon Posted 2005-09-29 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thescreensavers - 2005-09-29 5:25 PM

surfing the web it will say like :the parameter is incorect" or on google the image of google is messed up and has red lines goign thru it. also the web browser is slow and frezzes.

I am also new to surfing with a handheld. The only problems I had was not getting access to email servers like Yahoo, Hotmail. I would get "cannot make a secure connection" and getting sites to fit onto my screen without a lot of scrolling. This was with a jornada 680 and NEC 780 and 790.

I tried the suggestion to download and use the 128-bit ssl upgrade. It did nothing for me (but make me more secure). I solved my problems with all three handhelds this morning by downloading and installing the tiny HPCFactor "mobilefav106" (I now get handheld screen sized pages from key sites like Yahoo & MSN\Hotmail) and by messing around with the Internet Explorer settings under "View" & "Options." You cannot get into your email accounts with the default settings. Do not use proxy server settings, lower your security "receive" to medium & increase the percentage of memory for cache. 45% works great for me, for surfing and email. The DLL collection in the tiny mobilefav106 is great!

I have never had the strange display results you describe with either NEC model. You only get these results surfing Internet? You may want to list the third party programs you have installed on your 780. I got screen freezes once after I installed a misbehaving program. Other than that, the only time I get odd results like you mention is when I install a program or utility(sometimes). I press reset and problem is gone.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 13