x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SIMpad SL4 + MA401

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-05 6:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-10-05 7:31 PM

Heh, your H/PC could get hit by lightning yes, your battery could suddenly discharge itself into the RAM chip. Hard resets don't corrupt FlashROM, Power glitches and or NAND life cycles do.

yes, but often those 900 rom corruption cases happen when the device locks up and you need to perform a hard reset. of course i don't say there's a direct correlation between the two...
 Top of the page
CDphobe
CDphobe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 6:58 PM
#
wallythacker - thanks a million sir! My Polish isn't what it was so took me a while to find it <g> but that's fantastic

cmonex - am now using the shortcut for a full reset, and its certainly restoring the SIMpad to factory settings because its going right back to resetting time/date and recalibrating the screen each time. So I've now been back through all three driver options, and have tried every imaginable combination of defining the required driver (just the file name, with and without the extension, with and without the full file path, upper and lower case) all to no avail I think this thing has me beat

Al
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-07 9:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh... i can't think of anything then. anyway i'm sure it is just the file name that is required. the problem is somewhere else.. may be your MA401 isn't a prism version. did you try it on other HPC's with HPC2000 for example (if you have access to any)?
 Top of the page
CDphobe
CDphobe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-08 6:22 AM
#
cmonex, many thanks for all your help. Unfortunately all my other IT experience is desktop based apart from an iPAQ, and that's running WM2002 without a PC card slot so no way of telling. I guess it could also be a hardware fault with the SIMpad but will have to find another WiFi card to check that! Thanks again,

Al
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8