x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-12-04 10:25 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Finally got the control app for the Symbol card to work. I don't know how it happened, but it happened after I installed Plus and PowerToys, so maybe this had something to do with it.

I can now set the options for the Symbol card, and I also have a TwinMOS USB 802.11b+g stick running on my XP SP1 computer. I set both to Ad-Hoc mode with the same channel, but they don't seem to connect.

What can I do to make them work?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-04 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Elder

One of the first thing to check once your Symbol card led blinks and its recognized on your device is to make sure your SSID is set to the correct one.

For me, I usually set both to ANY to remove the SSID out of the equation, and usually that is the only variable on the equation!

Try that, if that works, then you may reset the SSID on your PC and your device to one that you prefer.
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2004-12-05 4:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks. I did play with the SSID, but of course I can't do that again right now. I'll try to verify that the PC's WiFi adaptor works, and go from there.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-05 7:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Gentle reminder ... try setting your SSID on your desktop as ANY, that way anyone can connect. (Good news for your neighbors! hehe )

Once that is fixed, you can set it to something obscure ... like a 128bit phrase?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.062 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8